Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [AGK] Asteroid Blast released.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 04:22 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:12
When the AppGameKit Beta started I was trying to think of a game I could make that would be relatively easy, wouldn't require to much art, and would be a fairly good all around test of the AppGameKit during the beta.

The result was Asteroid Blast. The bulk of it was written in 6 days, and it's been in the fine tuning stage ever since.

The source code I've already released in another thread. This one is for the game download.

http://www.kistech.com/games.aspx
Update : Fixed the text input bug for entering more than 3 characters for your initilas

I'm still planning on sending Asteroid Blast off to the App Stores, but I wanted to make it available as a free download for Windows users without having to go through an app store to get it.

In the next day or two I'll try and make a Mac version for free download too.

Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 04:49
I just tried it out on my pc, I think its very cool. I got a high score of 7850, I tried to enter SuperNova into the highscores table but I guess it showed up as AAA and deducted 100 points off my score for doing so.
I think it is a great game considering how quickly you made it, I will definitely check out the source code to see how you implemented an online score table.

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 05:01
It's meant to only accept the first 3 characters. aka, your initials.

I'll have a look at it and post an update.

Thanks for catching that.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 05:10
Interesting. Nice to see something put out so quickly. As a game, it's not amazing, but you could definitely polish it to a level that would be pretty cool. How do you plan to handle control on touch-screen devices?

Love the high-score element. Easy enough to implement?

Regards,

Greenlig (Bad)

Your signature has been erased by a mod as it is far too big.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 05:25
When platforms that have touch screens are detected, it puts a virtual joystick in the bottom left corner of the screen, and 2 virtual buttons towards the right of the screen.

For this, it's probably about as polished as it's going to get. I've been tinkering with it off and on since June.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:29:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:29:35