Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sprites overlapping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2003 23:33
Hello, haven't posted in months, as I gave up on making games for ages after my first attempt at DB failed, but i've since got me mojo back, and made two games since (though the first was quite awful...) and i'm now working on my third which is going quite well so far...

Getting to the point... I'm having difficulty with sprites. Specifically understanding how DarkBasic decides which sprite appears on top it doesn't seem to matter which sprite comes first in the code, or which is numbered higher or lower, I get the same result:

Obviously, the girl in front of the party should appear over the guy who is obviously in the background, yet nothing I seem to do changes this
So i'm posting to ask if anyone can explain how DB decides what sprite appears in front, if they know of any obvious mistake I might be doing or any help at all would be appreciated ^_^;
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2003 00:09
As I understand it Dark Basic Classis layers sprites in the order they were created. I don't know if there's any way to shuffle them once they've been loaded.

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2003 01:17
Have a browse through this site : http://www.underwaredesign.com/

Kevin has some code there that allows you to set your sprite priorities.
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2003 02:34
Oooh, lots of code there. I've downloaded the code for sprite priorities, will have to look at it tomorrow as it be late.
Many thanks for the link hopefully i'll be able to understand it fine and get this sorted ^_^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:38:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:38:20