Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] First announcement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 13:07 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 13:08

Developer: OmegaWolf98

Could a mod lock this? because it's an announcement.

I take my tea seriously, oh and my story writing.
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 14:25 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 14:39
The "Work in progress" and "Showcase" boards aren't made to be used to make "announcements", but actually give developers the change to get feedback on projects that are in development and already have more to offer than just a logo, while the latter is exclusive to finished projects and demos.

If such things as "announcements" were allowed,... oh boy, then we'd have 1000's of threads every month with only a logo and an oneliner - and that doesn't benefit anyone.

The mods would have more work, the people reading through the threads wouldn't get what the heck it's about anyway and all serious projects would recieve next to none feedback.

This forum's mainly used by developers and people that want to become one - so you don't have to try all this fancy advertisement tactics, or announce anything, this is not IGN or whatever gaming site you prefer - just develop your games and post them once you have enough to show.

I'd advise you to read through KeithC's sticky, especially this part of it: Work in Progress Guidelines

-Doomster

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 15:00 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 15:01
A simple game logo of an indie game developer no one ever heard of using FPSC will actually attract next to no interest You can do this as soon as you work on the next big thing in gaming scene for valve or the likes.

Now just imagine every kid on the board making an "announcment" for a game with absolutely no info and a silhouette of a guy standing there with an assault rifle... oh boy! We would need an extra section for this kind of stuff.

Also, the entire announcment stuff is restricted to TGC employees I guess.

So, the forums are here to give you feedback on your work from other developers. Not to play gamestudio. A post needs these contents on this forum.

You are a guy with fpscreator...not Electronic Arts, dude

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 18:34
The only reason I'm locking and not just deleting this, is because of the good advice given above.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:35:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:35:50