Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compiler problem!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, after installation on windows 7,while testing AppGameKit on hitting F5 this is the message that i got:
"Compiler requires administrator level privileges"

Any hint or help appreciated in order to fix .

Many thx
Scotty1973
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 19:09
Hi

You can try to change the user account settings.

Select control panel and users. Select change user control settings and move the slider down to never notify.

also ensure you are logging in in a Administrator that should show you on the screen before the slider bit.

Hope this helps

Scotty.
Doz
Years of Service
User Offline
I ran into this issue, still not sure what fixed it in the end but here are the things I did:
-Make sure the admin account is the one you are using.
-Set up an exception for the projects folder in your virus scan.
-When opening AppGameKit, right click the program and hit 'Run as administrator'
-Reboot

I'm almost wondering if it needed a reboot right after install because that was the last thing that happened before it started working for me.

Youks
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everybody, thank you for your fast replies but unfortunately none of the above solutions fixed the issue.

So i am stuck not able to try the software.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2011 04:56
Can I confirm you don't have any extra background software protecting your files, or that you have not specifically write protected any part of your default Windows 7 installation? Can I also confirm you can load the Benchmark example and it is located here on your PC:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\Projects\Basic\Examples\Benchmarking\Benchmarking

We can go from there

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Youks
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee, sorry i was on duty travel that's why icouldn't answer in time.
Now i am in front of my PC and i confirm that i cn not compile from inside the editor., but i open an example outside the editor through the compiler then an .exe file is created.

I am using Bitdefender and i created an exclusion with the projects folder and still no joy.

Thanks everybody.
Youks
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the Log that i am getting when i try to compile an example (here "Explosion" file)

\Particles\Explosion\main.agc
Broadcasting app...(click Abort to end broadcast)
Skipping linking (no linker program set): C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK\Projects\Basic\Examples\Particles\Explosion\main.exe
Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).

with the message of the compiler administrator level required even though i am logged as admin and all programs launched as admin.

Thx again.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 14:47 Edited at: 21st Aug 2011 15:10
I have the same issue here so cant compile anything at the moment. Where is the compiler located if one can actually see it?

Help appreciated.

Update.

OK I fixed it apparently albeit not quite sure how. Did a reboot. Set file associations in AppGameKit and cant remember where I found that. Opened the main project file (folder) which was then viewable whereas it did not seem to be previously. Then choose to compile and run when a message appeared saying firewall had been blocking - choose to allow and it now runs OK.

Youks
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, after all the suggestions i am still having the same message with the same problems."compiler administrator level required"

I can only compile from outside the editor by opening a "main.agc" file with the compiler.

I really need help to fix this issue so i can start working properly with the software.

Many thx and regards.
Youks
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys, any help i am really stuck with this issue.......i re installed the package several times and the problem is persisting!

Thx in advance
Youks
Years of Service
User Offline
Problem fixed , it was a really stupid mistake................i should have read properly the "Getting Started", i omit to define the workspace!!!!! So stupid but thank you all for your support and i will definitely need your help for more serious subjects when iOS AppGameKit Player released..........

Thx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:13:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:13:54