Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Model Pack 39

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey.

I have a problem from Model Pack 39.
This MP is not work. Zombie stand, and no attack me.
What is the problem?

Melvin
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2011 18:07
This model pack, like many others, is not tested in x10 and quite probably includes scripting terminology that differs from x10. What you might want to try: find a character in the sci fi pack that has behaviors similar to what you would want, then use the same FPI file from that characters "Main" and try it with the zombie.

I don't have this model pack so I can't tell if that is specifically your problem. On the other hand it might be as simple as his main script being set to passive.fpi. Not sure. If you give me more details maybe I can give you more help.

We can definitely get it working though.
Melvin
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. Thanks.
As for the details...Zombie just does not react to the script... I think the conversion should actually help.

I have another question.
Are there any good MP, where are the zombies? And works to X10?
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2011 22:07 Edited at: 20th Aug 2011 22:12
Cyblob and Zombie from the SCI FI pack are the closest I can think of that are certain to work in x10. Also, maybe try the fpi script for those characters with the characters in MP 39 and see if they work.

Animations in FPSC model packs typically follow the standard conventions so, in theory, you should be able to use another AI script on them.

Also: change the effect to effectbank\bumpbone\bumpbone.fx on the characters to utilize the shaders in x10. I have done very little work with characters in my game so there may be more to this. You want a _D, _N, and _S set of textures for your characters. If those are already present, then changing the effect should be sufficient.

Also, you may want to copy the entity folder for this model pack, paste a new copy, and rename it like Model Pack 39 (x10), and then make these changes in the FPE file rather than making the changes in the editor.

Something else to know is that once you have loaded an entity in FPSC, it creates a DBO file which it will continue to refer to regardless of future changes you make to the FPE file, textures, mesh, etc. You must run FPSCCLeaner (found in the Bin folder) to remove the DBO files. This is a good thing to do on a regular basis anyway.
Melvin
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. It work to main: "people\darkai.fpi", but no attack animation, and dead animation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:48:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:48:21