Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Just want to check something with the Tiers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Have I got this right:

Tier 1 is similar to DBP. I can write my apps, click a button, and presto I get something that can be run on a multitude of other operating systems by using a player app.

Tier 2 is C++, and will allow apps to run natively on the OS I choose to publish to.

The pagehere suggests that I can't sell my tier 1 apps, or submit them to the vaious app stores.

Is that still correct, because the AppGameKit webpage seems to suggest something different. There are also some instructions for compiling Meego SDK and Player App in preperation for sumission to AppUp.

I have the potential to get some apps running on some Meego devices, but if I can't code them in the BASIC language, I'm already out of the game as I don't know C++, and to be honest, I don't intend to learn it.

Whilst I'm here, has anyone published their apps to Meego? If so, was it a Tier 1 or Tier 2 app, and how did the process go for you?

Looking forward to your replies
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 20:33
You just gotta dig down into the help docs...

Publishing Tier 1 on Meego

Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You just gotta dig down into the help docs..."

I did find that page, which is what prompted me to ask if anyone had published to Meego, as it looks quite complicated.

More reading required I think
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 20:56
I don't have a Meego, but yes, it does look quite complicated. I'm about to start delving into the "Tier 1 for iOS" and that looks like it will take some research as well.

Good luck to us both!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Haven't TGC offered a publishing route for a one off cost? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, the devices I'm looking to target don't support AppUp yet, so publishing is a bit tricky at the moment. Initially I will need to produce the binary and manually transfer it to the device.

Hopefully deployment will become a bit more streamlined once AppGameKit has had a few updates and the community has had a chance to develop some tools and tutorials.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 05:54
Hi Guys,

The list might seem exhaustive, but its also definitive. Rather than struggle to figure it all out yourself, we've broken it down to simply following the steps. Look out for a video which illustrates the guides on each platform to make it a little easier to deal with. The easiest route of course is to write your games in BASIC and then send them to us to publish. We continue to investigate ways to reduce the number of steps in the self-publishing guides, and if you also have some ideas we are eager to listen. Making this stuff easier is our top priority.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 06:46:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 06:46:36