Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Need Help with AGK Mac ios installation and operations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Dear AGK

I purchased AppGameKit and downloaded it to my iMac to develop iPhone and iPad games. I need step by step instructions specifically for my mac osx for ios. Can anyone help me? If not, I want a refund. All I want to do is open the program and start to create games. Email me at wbsbpd88@hotmail.com
Charles E. Campbell

Charles E. Campbell
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 02:07
The Documentation http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/home.html in the Guides section has sections for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 for setting things up.

Charles Campbell
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the information. I'm still having a problem. When I follow the guide instructions, I can't open anything when I get to the end. AGK/apps/MyGame_iOS then press “Open”. The Open Button is not available and many of the files are grayed out, so I can't click on them. The AppGameKit Player does nothing but has a circle that spins. I'm using Xcode 4.

Charles E. Campbell
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 05:32
You need XCode 3.2.

It's available from here. Click on the link where it says "Looking for XCode 3 for Snow Leopard?".

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Go to the Templates folder and make a copy of the one closest to what you need.

2. Rename Template folder to the name of your project.

3. Open Xcode, load the project and start typing code!

Can't be simpler, what is there to get confused about?
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 14:03
Charles, are you able to open the Examples workspace? It is available in Applications/App Game Kit/Projects/Native/iOS.

Templates can be found in Applications/App Game Kit/IDE/templates. Select either template_ios_xcode3 or template_ios_xcode4. Are you able to compile these?
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2011 20:56
Sorry, didn't notice there were templates for both XCode 3 and 4.

Charles Campbell
Years of Service
User Offline
Mike

I'm able to get open a project in xCode, set device to simulator, compiled it and got 1 error and 1 build fail on the Aliens.mm SpaceShooter. I will finish reading the AppGameKit instructions and contact you if I continue to have difficulty. I appreciate your support. I plan to get some tutoring with xCode. Have read several books, but it's still not clicking.

Thank you again.

Charles E. Campbell
wbsbpd88@hotmail.com

Charles E. Campbell
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 12:38
Charles, in case you aren't aware, when using Xcode 4 you can view all error messages after building by selecting the Show Issues icon in the Project Navigator. If you click on the error message some more details should appear on the right side. If you can post details of this we should be able to help out and get you past this problem. It's likely that this error should be simple to solve. It could be a case of still being set to target the device and a provisioning profile not being available or something like the project not knowing where the include and library files are. If we can get you up and running in the simulator that will be a good start and then we can help out with the certificates (this can get a little more complicated, especially if you aren't so familiar with Xcode, but once you've got the hang of dealing with certificates it's not so tricky in the future).
JuLieN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 00:36
@Charles

I got the same problem, but it is easily fixed. There's a very small bug in one of the files. Here's what I post in the bugs thread:

Quote: "Here's a new (small) bug:

In the tier 2 "Games - SpaceShooter" example for iOS (but not for OSX), in the "Aliens.mm" file, at line 23, we read:

void appt::Begin ( void )

when it should be:
void app::Begin ( void )

It won't compile if you don't change appt into app.

My two cents for now. I've just installed the package and am excitingly peeking here and there =)"

Fix it, and you'll see it compiles and works like a charm on your iPhone

BTW: excellent work, AppGameKit team! I'm especially impressed by the particles rendering in this space shooter demo

Why do those who are wrong always desagree with me?
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 05:45
So if I follow the guide I can get this to work also on Ipod. I see alot of info there and not much help to deploy it to the ipod.
So I may test it out, and can you test it out even if you do not open a developers licence to apple.

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/52_ios.htm

Go through yourself at a wall.
JuLieN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 11:10
@3d Point In Space
No, you can't. To get an application running on an iDevice, you need to get it signed by Xcode. Xcode uses a certificate delivered by Apple to the registered developers to do so.

But when the AppGameKit player for iOS will be published on the AppStore you'll be able to test your programs by sending your bytecode inside it. But that will only work for tests: you'll still need to get Xcode sign your application for distribution for tier 1. And for tier 2, you always need signed code to test on a real iDevice (but not inside the iOS simulator).

Why do those who are wrong always desagree with me?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:46:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:46:04