Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Well there goes $80au or so...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 16:51
If I had read this:
Tier 1 explained
You will need a PC to develop your apps on. After installing AppGameKit for tier 1 you will have access to an Eclipse based IDE where you can code your game in DBPro style BASIC. Hit compile and your source code will be processed into byte code and ready to run under an interpreter. There will be a simulator app that lets you run the game on the PC you are developing on. You can also link up with your mobile device via a PC server tool that will sync to an AppGameKit player app on your device. Your app will be transferred via your local Wifi network.

So tier 1 developers can develop on a single PC and run their games on multiple devices via freely available run-time apps that TGC will publish onto the various app stores.
Key Tier 1 Points

Develop on a single PC and see your results on supported devices
You cannot sell your games to app stores. (TGC will offer a publishing route so you can publish via TGC).

And this:
Q: With Tier 1, I can publish through TGC. Is there a cut of what I sell that goes to TGC? So, if I make something 99 cents what is my profit going to be between Apple and TGC?
A: If you publish via TGC then we will take a 30% cut of any revenues received via any app stores the app is published into. So let’s say you earn $100 from Apple App Store. Apple will take a 30% cut of the $100 which leaves $70, then TGC will take 30% of the $70 ($21), you will receive $49.

And this:
Q: Since I am paying TGC every year, does this fee pay for updates and additional platforms.
A: We have listened to your feedback. We are now opting for a pay per version model. So when you buy AppGameKit you receive that version with support for all devices that we plan to support. You also receive 12 months of bug fix updates for that version.

I wouldn't have bought AGK. This is not what I understood Tier 1 to be by looking at the main website for this product. My mistake it seems. I've got to stop buying things before I read the fine print...

Matthew 5:14-16

Hat-on-a-stick Software and Design.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 17:14 Edited at: 25th Aug 2011 17:16
To my knowledge, the "Publishing Tier1 through TGC" route is not available atm.

But you can definately publish your own Tier1 apps yourself. Of course, you need the hardware, software and the knowledge to do so.

For an example, if you want to publish to the iOS Appstore=>

1) you need a Mac and XCODE to create the App
2) you need to subscribe yearly for an Apple Developer Accoutn/license
3) After you build and signed your app via XCODE, you need to upload the file yourself to your ITunes Account.

Just like you do with the tool you have used before. Still happy with GLBasic?
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
This part of the documentation explains the publishing process of Tier1 bytecode:

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/52_ios.htm
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 19:57
Quote: "You cannot sell your games to app stores"

Untrue. You can indeed sell tier 1 and 2 apps to app stores.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it was very clear what this product would offer.

People pretend to be able to publish iOS games without owning a Mac, or having all the options in the world without delving into C++.

I think that's asking a bit too much.
Josk
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah you can sell your apps with tier 1 and 2.

My understanding is to save hassles and having to buy a mac, TGC will be offering a publishing route.
No doubt the app would have to be reasonably good to make it worth their while. Otherwise they will be inundated with lots of bad apps.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course they won't accept any old thing. They must have some faith it could sell I would imagine. But lets be honest it is early days still, and things are very much WIP. We (I mean by that by AppGameKit users, although I'm sure the devs have an interest lol), are still waiting for certain companies to validate and publish the players for most mobile platforms. I have read there are guides to getting a tier 1 app ready for a couple of platforms so far.
I am happy to learn how to use the product, rather than worrying about how to get my millions by selling apps at the moment though
I think it is a little early to even be worrying about it yet. I will look at that sort of thing way later. I would of course, like to see my creations on something other than my pc or netbook at some point hopefully

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 05:39 Edited at: 26th Aug 2011 05:39
Ha ha ha yes tga is hard at work again

Life is not fair, so deal with it.
http://www.gusroundtable.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:25:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:25:37