Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Wild Tangent?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Check out [href]www.wildtangent.com[/href] and it's downloadable developers kit! It reminds me of dark basic - just for web games. Anyone actually used it, or have any opinions about it?

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2003 18:20
I've used it with winamp. The GFX engine isn't nearly as fast as DBPro's. Still, it isn't bad, just not as good as...

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2003 19:18
I used to use it ages ago. Its not too bad, although being a COM object its a lot harder to use that it should/could be. The other problem is that its geared towards Java, so there aren't that many C/C++ examples.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Insert witty comment here...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2003 20:55
The graphics engine isn't even nearly as fast as DB even... however that is only on Radeon and GeForce cards curiously.
On my Savage4 Pro and TnT2 cards it actually performs quite well, madness but i think it probably has alot to do with it still being primarily DirectX6 stuff either way if you want a faster web OCX then Shockwave and Anark are better - not cheaper unfortunately

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm... It sounds like my current Java schooling is actually of more value than learning Wild Tangent. However, I've never heard of OCX before. Does OCX do 3D?

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 02:10
OCX is just the name for an ActiveX Control...
Java3D does some of the fasted 3D in java right now, but unlike the others it doesn't have a premade engine you have to program DirectX/OpenGL directly

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 03:50
Personally, I hate wild tangent

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 16:44:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 16:44:15