Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 13:17 Edited at: 28th Aug 2011 14:06

Author:

lukyantsev production (dark_evenger)

Description:
i won't explain a lot of the history and the event because i really want to make it like a surprise for player but i will tell you some basics information.

The player is searching eliza , who is eliza we don't know but the player search her . he will walk from the road of the city of broc to the underground of broc. what does he will found ? what does he will see ? this is to you to discover !

Screenshots:

Video / Trailer:

first trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJir49nygoY&feature=player_embedded
(you really need to know what he is saying so if you don't understand french read the description)

i hope you will enjoy this WIP and post some comments

sorry for my bad english i'm french
greatly dark_evenger

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 13:22
Please post your screens as Jpeg and not BMP.
Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
i just taked the snapshot maked by fpscreator... but why do you want a jpg format?

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 13:54 Edited at: 29th Aug 2011 02:07
[Message ruducted ]

New sig in the process of being made
Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 14:02 Edited at: 28th Aug 2011 14:04
i readed it but haven't see this point ( i have read the before posting post)

sorry for inconvenient i will reupload it .

any comments ?

edit: i search on the rules but havn't found any .jpg format obligatory ... can you link me ?

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 16:14
There is no screenshot file type requirement for the WIP threads, the only file type requirement is for the BOTB (.jpg or .png) and Showcase (.jpg only) threads.

Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so i was right thanks for response bruce3371

@wraith staff read rules of wip before posting false rules next time

no comment on project??

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 17:19 Edited at: 28th Aug 2011 17:24
My apologies - I actually thought it a forum rule too. It seems to be more an unwritten rule amongst the members, as jpeg image files load much faster than bmp. This means that people will be able to look through your screens more efficiently, especially when you have a larger number, without giving up because they have to wait for them to load fully. It would also be handy to post the image directly, for those who don't want to click on the thumbnail.

The screen itself is ok, although a bit unimaginative - It's a style I've seen hundreds of times before. There is nothing there which currently sets it apart from the look of other games on the forum. There also seem to be a lot of entities lying around in the darkness - make sure that the player has a clear path to navigate around the room, as it's very annoying to get trapped on entities that you can't see.
Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
do you saw the trailer ? and yes the style of mapping have nothing special but the type of game will be nice , something like why does we always need real ennemy ?

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
If you attach a screen,Dark Avenger, you must make it the less weight, or noone will nor have the intrest (like myself) to download a 12 mb pic...if we check this, we wont be drooling about it for hours, we will be watching it for 3 secs, watch the picture, maybe criticize, and move on.

The Screen is bare, dark, and very cliche'ish, I'd add more intresting lights onto it, I dont mean Pure red, Pure white, Just a little bit more depth onto it.

There's a Very bad thing about it.

It doesnt show me Nothing, Just a common room with a mattress, try to make the best out of a room, and showcase that one.This seems like a 'fill' in a game.

-James

Lets get into serious stuf
--------------------------------------
What about the blue text?.
Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
and about the place and room in the trailer??

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 21:21 Edited at: 28th Aug 2011 21:22
Quote: "It doesnt show me Nothing"

So then it shows you something. I hate to be the grammar police but, lol, its the truth.

EDIT: Never mind. I can't read.

Whoever said that Intel graphics fail, obviously never owned a Core i5.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2011 11:45
Quote: "do you saw the trailer"

Yes, the outdoor scene was pretty good, although you could tell that the map ended behind those buildings. You need to add further structures and objects behind those buildings to give the map some depth and to actually make it look like a town/city.

As for the room, it was extremely bare. There was a bed and a wardrobe from what I could see, but those were practically invisible because most of the room was pitch black. Remember - darkness is not scary, it's just annoying. Any dark game you can think of will give you a flashlight, allowing you to light up entire rooms, or will have enough lighting so that you can see everything in the room. Navigation is key - if you have a load of objects sitting in the dark for me to trip up and get stuck on, I won't be playing your game for very long.
Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
be sure i will add flashlight and other stuff.

do you read the text in description?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:13:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:13:33