Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / eXtends, 2DPluginKIT, PurePLUGIN & XQuadEditor bug fixes! IMPORTANT NEWS !!!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2011 13:44 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 18:38
Hi All,

I have found some sort of agreement with TheGameCreators to try to fix issues with Windows VISTA/7 concerning eXtends, 2DPluginKIT, PurePLUGIN & XQuadEditor.

To do this, and due to the fact that I don't have Windows 7, I'll request some beta testers.
If you want to help in fixing the issues (crashs), answer here and send an e-mail to TheGameCreators so, I'll choose 2 or 3 of you to help me.

Ideally, to become beta tester for these bug fixes, you must :
1. [Required] Own DarkBASIC Professional
2. [Should be a +]Be enough experienced in DarkBASIC Professional use
3. [Required] Own 1 or more of these products (especially eXtends, 2DPluginKIT & XQuadEditor)
4. [Required] Own a valid Windows 7 licence and computer runnning on it with latest updated installed.
5. [Should be a +] Have a Windows Live Messenger account so, we can discuss bugs directly under Windows Live Messenger.
6. [Required] Being enough available to report bug/fixes without long delay.

IMPORTANT CHANGES :
Send me directly an e-mail at fred(at)odyssey-creators(dot)com
I will send the list of people who want to participate and they'll confirm me on which products you can participate.

Kindest Regards,
Frédéric Cordier
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 18:27
@ Freddix,

This is great news! Unfortunately I have Windows Vista, rather than Windows 7...?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 20:52
Hi Duffer,

if eXtends crash on your VISTA, you probably participate to tests for fixes.

Cos these programs were initially designed for XP.

Regards,
Freddix
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 21:10
Hi Freddix,

OK - still have Extends - happy to run some test programs if you email them through,,,?

Also, feel free to add the plugin nurse utility to the bag of tricks with the update with next version of pureplugin (it helps create .rc, .ini and help (txt) files for a pureplugin project:- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=180153&b=8

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 21:25
@Duffer :
Send an e-mail to TGC. So they'll confirm me you have registered extends (I know but I must have their confirm, cannot send beta version to anyone that ask, only registered users) and they will forward me your e-mail.

Kindest Regards,
Freddix
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 21:28
I have registered copies of just Extends and Pureplugin. What email address at TGC should I email?

(p.s. good to see you back on the forums again)

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 00:24 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 00:25
Hi Duffer,

Rick one if you have it otherwise, send me one at : fred(at)odyssey-creators(dot)com with your full name and your e-mail adress used at www.thegamecreators.com so I'll ask Rick to confirm me.

Same for other that want to participate Windows VISTA/7 fixes.

Kindest Regards,
Frédéric Cordier
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 01:09
Hello fredix:

I think, it's a good I dea to wait until windows 8 comes out. It will be out very soon. as well, I suggest that you look for windows 7 and windows 8 users. as most people have given up vista for windows 7.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 10:53
Hi All,

@Basjak :
Maybe ... But I'm not sure I'll have free time at the end of the year.
That's why I must firstly find how to fix crashes with VISTA/7 fastly.
I will maybe increase compatibility with Windows 8 too ...

Kindest Regards,
Frédéric Crodier
TheVoxyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this still happening? Because I was very interested in X-Quad Editor until I saw it was only for XP... then I was sad.

THIS IS A SIGNATURE. I swear.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 11:27
@ Freddix,

Still waiting to hear from you / Rick. I should have both Windows 7 and Vista test capability soon...

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 13:04 Edited at: 16th Oct 2011 13:08
[Edited]
@TheVoxyn : I'm currently working on it with success but I hope to send a beta soonly to beta testers.
Because compiling with the latest PureBASIC for better compatibility makes many command set of eXtends not working any more (without crashing ... but no more working) so, I try to fix these first and then start on the crashes issues.
XQuadEditor shold work under Windows 7 if you use compatibility mode but ... I can confirm this. The XQuadEditor Fix will then be worked when eXtends's one done (X4 uses eXtends internally so eXtends fixes may fix X4 ones too)

@Duffer, send me an e-mail at fred (at ) amidark (minus) engine (dot) com with the e-mail adress registered here at TGC website.
So Rick can confirm I can add you to the beta test for Crash bug fixes.

Regards,
Freddix.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 20:53
@ Freddix - done.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2012 00:10
Hello fredix.

where are we at the moment.

regards
basjak
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 23:20
Hi BasJak
Sorry for the delay
(my PC computer crashed 1 month ago and it took some times for me to re install everything I need on it ...)

Actually, no real progress.
I'll makes some more tests on next week-end.

Kindest Regards,
Freddix

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:05:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:05:58