Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Model of a CryoTube?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2011 22:04
Hello,

Has anyone ever produced such a model as a 'cryotube'?

If so, does anyone know where i could purchase said item?

or, could anyone recommend a good tutorial and software so that i can learn to create these things myself (i would much prefer the latter)

I have posted a screenie of what sort of thing i am talking about.

Unfamillia

Logo by The Next
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 02:55
Download the the 3 Cosmic Prophet Sci-Fi community packs he made... one of them has a animated 2 sided Cryo Chamber in it..
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 10:55
@Squalker

Thank you. I have searched all over, but, can't find the chamber that i am looing for.

I will download some software tonight and see if i can make one myself. What software is best would you say? I already have Gimp which i use regularly to retexture things and i also have 3DS Max. Haven't got a clue how to use it though!

Unfamillia

Logo by The Next
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 15:53
Good luck m8... Ya 3DS Max is nice but take some time to learn... its not one of those programs you can just jump into and learn over night that is for sure.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 01:31
ah, well, it would seem as though i have 30 days to learn how to use effectively enough to create my chamber! haha! Damn trial edition!

I will have to have a look at Cosmics SciFi packs again.

Thanks Squalker.

Oh, while i am here, i know that you are very good at scripting....no? I am trying my hardest to create a system whereas, you look at an object and it tells you what you are looking at. I initially thought this could be done using HUDs, but, then i noticed that Mystic Mod has textx=,texty=,textfont= etc.....does this now mean that you can have text scroll up on the screen instead of creating a number of HUDs?

Unfamillia.

Logo by The Next
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 23:38
Quote: ".does this now mean that you can have text scroll up on the screen instead of creating a number of HUDs?
"

yes the is exactly what it it means. You can just display text on screen instead of making huds. Though I still prefer huds myself lol
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 00:06
I'll give it a whirl, tho it is definitely not gonna be as detailed as the pic you posted. I'm trying to improve my modeling chops so I might as well make myself useful at the same time.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 01:53
@Squalker

Quote: "yes the is exactly what it it means"

That's awesome news! Now, my idea is to make so that when you look at certain entities (weapons, people, other exciting stuff...) you get a small amount of info about that entity. Is this where 'closetocenter=' will come in handy.

@srealist

I would be massively grateful if you could give it a go for me! If i can do anything, let me know.

Unfamillia

Logo by The Next
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 03:02 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 03:13

Well..first time using Google Sketchup...and lemme tell you, mapping/positioning a single texture to curved surfaces in sketchup is a serious pain. Anyway, this is pretty basic so lemme know if it's even in the ballpark of what you'd like. I'll get better.

P.S. You will notice the problem with the transparency. I made this as a single entity but I think the right way to do this is to make it as 3 entities: top, bottom, and tube. That way the tube could actually use refract.fx and allow you to use the window refraction parameters.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 11:19
Quote: "You will notice the problem with the transparency. I made this as a single entity but I think the right way to do this is to make it as 3 entities: top, bottom, and tube. That way the tube could actually use refract.fx and allow you to use the window refraction parameters. "

You would be correct, any shader applied to an entity will apply across all of it. So three models would be ideal, just make sure you setup their starting Y position correctly (Up/Down).

Looking good, but I'd suggest UV mapping the model instead of texturing in Sketchup.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4770 1GB, 2TB RAID-0 Hard disk
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 19:42
@srealist

That is EXACTLY what i was after! SPOT ON! PERFECT! couldn't ask for better! now all i need is to learn how to do this myself!!

Is there anything i could do for you to return the favour? Any music needed? any textures needed? I have a DSLR and can create some nice high res textures.

Just let me know if you need anything.

Unfamillia

PS, you're awesome!

Logo by The Next
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 22:44
Great! Would you like me to email it to you or post it here?

Sorry for the delayed response. Not to get too personal but I lost a close friend to a stray bullet from a attempted robbery this last weekend and my whole world has been kinda turned upside down. Everything is kind of in slow motion for now.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 23:24
Quote: " I lost a close friend to a stray bullet from a attempted robbery this last weekend"

Wow m8 that is horrible.. best wishes to you and yours in this hard time.. I hope you all pull threw it okay.

-Squalker
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 00:20
@srealist

There is no rush for this, man. I am so sorry to hear about your loss! That is just plain awful! My heart goes out to you!

If you have finished it, you can by all means email it to me.

I can't imagine what you are going through right now and my humble thanks seems so menial at the present time, but, i am forever thankful for you spending your time doing this for me!

unfamillia@gmail.com

Unfamillia

Logo by The Next
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
srealist i am very sorry for this event, always happens to nice people, my condolences and hope you can get your head around it.

anyway we are all here if you need anything

s.b

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:22:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:22:45