Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / HELP! for my 1st 2d game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys, im newbie here in DBpro. i want to make a 2d game that has the same concept in a game castlevania. But there's a big problem, i really dont know where to start i dont know what code to use. can anyone help me? dont worry im a fast learner. thank you for you concern
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 19:16
Start by learning the basics by checking out TDKs tutorials.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

themanbehind
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for the tutorials that you've given )
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 04:56 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 04:58
I would definitely make your way through those tutorials first. You would be lost without having those concepts under your belt. When you think you have mastered them you are going to want to utilize a 2d tileset/map editor to build your levels. Eventually you can work on your own tileset/worldmap editor, but it takes a good amount of time and experience to understand all that is needed in a tile engine.

I'd recommend 2 programs
Mappy

Tile Studio

In one way it's unfortunate that DBpro doesn't have a built-in 2d tile engine, which would make things easier for beginners. The good sides are, that as a programming language vs a game creation kit, much more effort went into a solid language base, rather than focusing effort on something as specific as a tile-engine. Most people would prefer their own way of handling the engine anyways.

You can utilize outside software like the above to help ease the creation process, and then import the data into your game. The "importing" of the data into your game part can be tackled when you get there. Some parts are easy, some not so much.

PlayBasic makes getting 2d projects like this off the ground easier, and it's more focued to these types of games.

Best wishes

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
the dark archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 20:31
hay im work on a new 2d rpg and was whanting to know how i make spirits and maps with dbp so far that is all i have

>>-->

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:16:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:16:48