Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [ANNOUNCEMENT] Screen Shot Requirement - Models and Media Board.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 15:24 Edited at: 17th Mar 2013 17:36
The Models and Media Board require members to include viewable Screen Shots, attached to or inside a post when starting threads.

In the case of Distribution of and or Sale of Models and or Media from these boards it is imperative that Screen Shots of the content of any distrubtion/download are made available for all to see.

Relative copyright information is also to be included.

Please Note : Breaches of the rules regarding infringements of copyrights are a serious offense at these boards. The onus is on posters and distributors of Materials to provide satisfactory evidence of their right to distribute materials and their ownership of copyright. It is not the job of Moderators to either seek or confirm such for themselves. Moderators have to make decisions in the light of available facts presented.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 12:40 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 12:40
Also, you should require people to post in-game pics. of their models if they are selling them. Just my suggestion

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 12:59 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 13:01
I wonder if anyone will even read this.

But yeah In-game screenshots are a MUST!

Abdul Ahad

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 21:33 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 22:00
Quote: "Also, you should require people to post in-game pics. of their models if they are selling them."

Already in place for a long time now, its always been a requirement if showing models, whether selling or not, that you need an in game screenshot. Introduced because of the constant 'my first model threads'.
If its not in FPSC then it shouldnt be posted here its not relevant, should be no need to be asking how to get your'box' into FPSC either (which seems to be considered relevant), its been answered a thousand times.

Quote: "Relative copyright information is also to be included. "

This is the more interesting part, too often people seem to think if they dont say anything then folks will assume they made it themselves, its a kind of immature way to get attention for yourself. Its long overdue that if you didnt make it then say so or dont post it.
Still your always going to get those that will continue to do so, the Mods have a thankless task with this.

Shouldn't it be Screen Shot in the title? I was expecting this to be about video, which should also be a requirement for characters being sold.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 22:19
Quote: "Already in place for a long time now, its always been a requirement if showing models, whether selling or not, that you need an in game screenshot. Introduced because of the constant 'my first model threads'."

Yeah, but lately its been hardly followed I also think an exception should be made for WIP threads

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 22:24 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 22:38
Quote: "I also think an exception should be made for WIP threads "

If you want to show off WIP models use the 3dchat board, when its into FPSC post it here, its not difficult to wait. If your creating a pack specifically for FPSC and have most of it FPSC ready then by all means ask for opinions and crits on what folks might actually want changed or whatever but there has to be some kind of balance. To me showing an untextured mesh isnt going to mean a thing to most around here, if you got it to the point of texturing you can wait till you got it into the game to show how it looks.
Getting your finished model in game takes a lot less time than creating it,so theres no excuse.
Beauty shots of models from Max or zbrush tells you nothing of how it will look when in FPSC unless its an experienced user that knows how to get the finished product to look the way they expect it to and most of those kind of users know how to post around here.

Some dont just follow the rules because they are there, they follow them because they make a lot of sense.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 23:25
Quote: "Some dont just follow the rules because they are there, they follow them because they make a lot of sense."

Hope those arent directed at me

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
I Don't understand why this thread is called ( Screen Shot Requirment)
As it states Nothing about what the Screen shots should be.
Example the Size

I use 600 x 400 as it does not make the page of the post go all other the place.

As for Format , I use Jpg, As Png seems to take longer to load on post's

Types of Screen shots, Wip screen shot and Problem of project extra Screen shots i agree with.

But ones that are just uploaded for the sake of it, Well thats what the Gallery is for.

For Model Packs,

where there are dozens of images showing what contents are in the pack, I Say NO! 1 or 2 images yeah and stick the rest or the whole lot into a zip file for downloading, or make a collarge of all the images and again have the larger ones in the download.

I don't like having to wade down a whole page just to try and find a link or whatever.

Well there we have it , My Opinion

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, but if you take my beer you will not walk again
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 05:12
For those who dont understand why this post is here then its stipulated in the first line of the first post by me. If thats not followed then action will be taken by moderators.

The stipulation is not open for debate.

Locked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:54:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:54:37