Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Just purchased App Game Kit and it fails to start on Windows XP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my system says

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

T7200 Core2Duo
2gig RAM

.net veriosn 4

Basically when I open App Game Kit it crashes saying "CodeBlocks.exe has encountered a problem...".

Any ideas?
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 11:49 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 12:51
Uninstall agk.

Try to disable any firewalls or virus protection programs like norton antivirus or mcaffe.

Reinstall the agk where it wants to put its files and dont change anything.

Re activate your firewalls and virus protection.

And try to start it again.

Sometimes does firewalls and virus protection mess upp installation on some programs.

Edited..........
You do have version 1036 of the agk and not the old first one?
dotty
Years of Service
User Offline
i installed version 1036.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 17:55
Codeblocks is the compiler ide that crashes if iam not wrong?

Can you give people some more info on wath your setup is like ?

Antivirus and other programs you may run in the background?

I have only installed it on windows 7 as i whas forced to buy an new computer as my old one crashed and died on me

Have you runned defrag on your computer lately? so that you dont have any fragmented clusters on your drive?

It can give this problem sometimes?
Tigreboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 13:20
Hi, have you typed the activation key correctly ?
On my windows 7 pc i mispelled the key and the program wasn't starting , until i reinstalled it and typed the key correctly ,but it doesn't give me any error message.
dotty
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't type in a serial and then the problems started happening. I decided to install it on a Windows 7 PC and i did the same however codeblocks loaded but asked for me a serial, i entered the serial and it's working fine on the Windows 7 PC. Not sure what the problem was with XP, but i got it working on Windows 7 so no biggy.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 22:10
Quote: "I didn't type in a serial and then the problems started happening. I decided to install it on a Windows 7 PC and i did the same however codeblocks loaded but asked for me a serial, i entered the serial and it's working fine on the Windows 7 PC. Not sure what the problem was with XP, but i got it working on Windows 7 so no biggy. "

One problem i didt think of

I couldt miss that part when installing and simply cut and pasted the code from tgc email in there.

Glad that it works for you now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:32:54