Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / coverting shaders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 22:28 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 09:53
I thought i would start this topic of as i would like to find out if x9 shaders can be converted to x10

i know x 9 has shader 2.0 and 3.0 and x10 has shader version 4

But would like to know if it could be done and if so how.

Thanks to all than can help provide such information

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, but if you take my beer you will not walk again
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 23:08
Actually X10 uses PS 4.0. and as of yet we have not managed to convert any shaders to X10... it is something we are still working on.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
i wonder if they are going to do an update of Dark shader, that would resolve a lot of our problems i think.

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, but if you take my beer you will not walk again
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 05:58
I'm actively looking into this issue. Will hopefully have some news soon.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
good to here that srealist.

Always appriciate more news on the subject, and im glad there is a lot of interest about converting shaders,

i thought i would have a look at Nvidia's Fx Composer and see if that could be used for converting, but its to confusing for me at the moment, maybe some one who knows how to uses it may beable to say if it can be used for converting.

I would of thought that their would of been a x10 version of dark shader, as it is a widly used program.

maybe the more interest in here may help show TGC how much it is needed and maybe they might make an x10 dark shader type program.

ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 12:35
Hello spudnick, it is nice to see somebody else taking an interest in FPSC X10!

As for the shader conversion, I'm sure it is possible. There are many resourceful members here whom - I'm sure - can find a way of doing this. I, unfortunately, have no experience with coding shaders; thus I wish all who do try to have a go the best of luck.

Vegetables and fruit for everyone!

[center]

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 16:13 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 16:20
i have herd from so many people that x10 is not being supported, so i guess TGC will not bother in updating or creating a Dark shader program to support x10.

i mean realy we nearly all must be using gfx cards with shader 4.0 and so would still beable to use lower shaders if the program was updated too use 4.0
You can see from the link provided the differences between DirectX 9 and DirectX 10
So it would be nice to see Dark shader upgraded to make our grx look even better

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/DirectX-Versions/95/2

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 16:42
You can't just re-compile dark shader to make it work in X10. PS4.0 shaders are written in a completely different way, so the whole program would have to be re-written. Dark Shader, also isn't an FPSC program. Yes, the shaders made in it can be outputted for use in FPSC, but DS is made for DarkBASIC. Since DBP X10 isn't stable enough for anything other than FPSC X10, it would be a waste of Lee's time to build DS X10, because no one but a couple of FPSC X10 users would use it.

Be yourself, but make sure you don't sound like a dying sheep.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 03:24
For clarity, when I say I am actively working on it, I don't mean updating DarkShader, rather I mean I am working on new x10 shaders that will work in FPSCx10. And when I say "I" am working on it, I mean another person in my lab with shader experience. lol
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 04:03
Quote: "For clarity, when I say I am actively working on it, I don't mean updating DarkShader, rather I mean I am working on new x10 shaders that will work in FPSCx10. And when I say "I" am working on it, I mean another person in my lab with shader experience. lol "

Its all good m8... I think most of read between the lines
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
No Problem, it was a bit of a saying that implied a new version of Dark shader from the sound of it,

but all i can say is, we now understand,
and are glad you are even taking time to even work on shaders for x10.

I guess will you be making them public?

or just for self
anyway i hope you can make ends meet.

Thanks

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 16:25
Always free; always shared. No guarantees tho. All I know is that one of the graphics researchers is gonna meet with me this week to take a look at how FPSC handles x10 shaders and see if we can't get some of the shaders from the nvidia site to work in FPSC.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 17:25 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 17:25
Best of luck the way FPSC X10 handles shaders is very strange, I am familiar with PS3 shaders but the PS4 shaders confuse me and I haven't put any time into trying to get around what doesn't make sense.

I may give this a go also when I get some time, it's a shame that PS4 isn't compatible with PS3 shaders. In that case we could just plugin any PS3 shaders and use them. Then we would only have to get around the weird way FPSC X10 uses the shaders.

All the FPSC X10 shaders use the basepool.fx file, as far as I'm aware. Which means that simply putting another shader in is easier said than done.

Mystic Mod - Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Windows 7 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz, 8GB DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4770 1GB, 2TB RAID-0 Hard disk
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 18:42
Yeah, that's why I am getting a computer graphics researcher to look into it. It's beyond anything I can understand really.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
@srealist,
Quote: "FPSC handles x10 shaders and see if we can't get some of the shaders from the nvidia site to work in FPSC"

That would be so awsome,

i have been doing a bit of research, but my brain just can't get into it. I did get the FX-composer from Nvidia, and that just confused me even more.

Maybe when i get a bit more of a clear head, I will look at the program even more.

So if any one want to go over to Nvidia site and grab a copy of FX-Composer, Its free and looks very interesting,
And may be we might see light at the end of the tunnel,
I should say More Shader lights & effects come to life,
from some one who can use the software.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 19:23
Quote: "I guess will you be making them public?"

Yep if can get any where with them I will of course make it all public..

But right now I already have a few other to finish up before I can give it any of my time... like I said the other thread tho.... it is on my list..
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 20:58
The lack of ps3 support is a serious buzz kill... There are a lot of great x10 ps3 shaders out there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:54:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:54:54