Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Any chance of more advanced audio commands?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 18:30 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 22:24
I realize that you must set your priorities, but I was curious if further down the pipeline, there may be a chance of more advanced audio commands for controlling both pitch and playback rate. Stereo panning would also be a big plus.

The reason I would like such commands would be to cater to another passion of mine, which is music programming. I've been toying around with a drum machine app, and the fact that it will run on a mobile device and input into a mixer would make it a very convienient tool.

As is, I can use it as a standard drum machine which just plays the sound without any alterations, but this could be far more useful with only a little more access to the audio system

Thanks for your consideration!

Randy

Edit: While I've been waiting for a response, I decided to mockup a UI for the features that are currently supported. While I never have claimed to be much of an artist, I think it is very well designed(for a programmer at least ). Here is a screeny as a little tease

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 03:15
Hi, Right now the only option is to modulate and save all the variations of the notes as separate WAV files (cringe I know) but it should get you further along. If you would like to recommend the actual commands you are looking for here, that would help: http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 04:45 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 04:49
That is looking really cool there Coldfire.

I had an idea the other day for something musical, but not that could be used as input for something else like a mixer though.
Yours sounds sweet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 07:07:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 07:07:56