Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Failed to create sound instance at line 4

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 23:08 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 23:13
Hello. I've been having fun with AppGameKit so far, but I've ran into a problem. Quite a large one considering I plan on developing some audio-centric apps.

After compiling and running, I am greeted with the error, "Failed to create sound instance at line 4."

I am using v1036 on Windows 7 64bit. Thank you.

Randy

Edit: I appologize, I tried several wav files, and all threw the same error. After trying one from another source it worked fine. For anyone else running into this issue, it appears to not like certain wav files. An audio converter could be used as a quick fix though, I'm sure.
Zubby1970
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK Studio Always
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 23:31 Edited at: 4th Sep 2011 23:32
Cold fire ive had the same problem , but ive also had it in DBpro so i know whats wrong. the problem is there is so many different kind of wav file formats, that basicly the agk does not support or recognise the one your using , but there is a solution.

you just need to convert the wav to a wav (sounds crazy i know) i use switch sound converter you can down load it for free from the internet. i also use xilisoft audio converter.

then it will work

There can only be one

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:17:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:17:16