Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / many errors trying to test on iphone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 01:05 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 01:10
I couldn't do some of the later steps in the tutorial. But at least when I try to run and build I get a ton of errors. See screenshot. Can anybody help? Thanks!

here is a log i found

Quote: "CodeSign /Users/maxsalhab/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-frmvbfkxkiasofhfgdkhegskllgq/Build/Products/Debug/Koalaball.app
cd "/Users/maxsalhab/Desktop/to mac/IDE/apps/koalaball"
setenv CODESIGN_ALLOCATE /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign "iPhone Developer: Magdi SALHAB (CZFLHWP6VX)" --resource-rules=/Users/maxsalhab/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-frmvbfkxkiasofhfgdkhegskllgq/Build/Products/Debug/Koalaball.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements /Users/maxsalhab/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-frmvbfkxkiasofhfgdkhegskllgq/Build/Intermediates/agkinterpreter.build/Debug-iphoneos/agk_interpreter.build/Koalaball.xcent /Users/maxsalhab/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-frmvbfkxkiasofhfgdkhegskllgq/Build/Products/Debug/Koalaball.app

/Users/maxsalhab/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/agkinterpreter-frmvbfkxkiasofhfgdkhegskllgq/Build/Products/Debug/Koalaball.app: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
malospam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 01:05 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 01:10
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You have codesigning problems!

There is another thread on this.

Luckily I got it 100% from the first go, following the online apple helper
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 19:48 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 19:52
If you follow my post about codesign errors then I think you will solve it.

I got tones of erros, but finally got it working. Codesign is the most common error. I would copy one of the examples and get it working before getting the interpertor working.

[href]
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=188693&b=41
[/href]

Go through yourself at a wall.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a fully working & code signed environment.

once in a while i get a code sign error too! i just do a CLEAN & recompile and all works fine again!
malospam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 16:58
Honestly all this info is confusing and overwhelming. Yes I did have another project I was working on before on Xcode. But I don't think making some corrections make sense when I can't even follow the steps in the written tutorial. Is the tutorial going to be updated for the latest xcode or not? If somebody could make a video tutorial or something similar for each release that would be great. Right now I am just stuck and a dead end, unable to test my game on my device because I can't follow the outdated steps in the tutorial. Thanks.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 14:55
malospam, the error message you get about the app being invalid is something that I see in Xcode 4 occasionally. Normally I do a clean and then rebuild the project. That usually solves the problem.
malospam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 20:32
Hey Mike, where do I see that in xcode 4, I can't seem to find that. Also I think, with my project, since there were so many steps that I skipped since I couldn't find it that that is why my project is messed up also. Any chances the tutorial will be updated for xcode 4? Otherwise, I'd hate to pay somebody to write one after paying for AppGameKit, but I'll do what I have to do.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
All this gives me shudders!

Is Xcode4 so much different than Xcode3?

What is the best way to take an agk project made in X3 and convert it to X4?

Should we just load the X3 project in X4, or take the X4 template and rebuild it from scratch?
malospam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 19:23
They are very different. I don't know why apple does that. But if you have xcode 3 the tutorial written should be easy to follow. If you have 4, good luck, and let me know if you figure it out. I'm pretty much not doing anything now because there is not point for me to put in the work and then not be able to put it on the proper platform at the end.

maker of iphone/ipad games
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 00:42
hay malospam how much would you pay someone to make that tutorial.

I know all the steps and can make a youtube video about how it is done in xcode 4.

malospam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 04:09
Awesome that you've been able to do it. I'll send you a PM so we can work out a price.

malospam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 04:10
Hey 3d point in space, whats the best way to send you a private message?

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2011 14:15
y not just email me at a alt email address so i dont give away my name. threedstud@yahoo.com.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:52:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:52:28