Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multitouching sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 16:38
Yesterday I added two sprites in my game to be the buttons, and although it works, I found a problem that I believe is serious when I tested it on an iPad. I'd like to ask here before reporting as bug (could be *my* bug ).

So, to detect the buttons touch, I'm using the function:

Since I have two buttons (left and right), I was using my thumbs to play the game. I noticed that if I release one button, and press the other very quickly, the button that was released still reports as the current pressed. Weird enough, if I keep the latter pressed, after ~2 seconds, it start reporting properly.

If I changed the buttons more slowly, it works fine. The problem is that I don' believe no one will do that when playing.

I believe the problem is that I press the right button while still holding the left button and this is causing the problem.

After this novel, my question is actually if the AppGameKit supports multitouch on tier 1, and if someone also noticed the problem ...

Cheers

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 17:47
Try this instead, it might work better...

Maybe not, but worth a try.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:26:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:26:59