Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / purchasing advice

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi guys,
i'm a total noobie here. i do have some C/C++ and Flash experience along with a rudimentary knowledge of game physics.
i'm lookin to purchase some game development tools and theGameCreator stuff seems spot on.
My question is this;
Assuming i would like to create commercial quality downloadable games, what theGameCreator products should i get?
If I need to get them all then is there a product which bundles them all?
thanks
blink
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 06:44
Go with either DarkBASIC Classic or DarkBASIC Pro. Pro is faster, while Classic is stabler.

Cart Shop is a very nice for creating indoor levels. You should download matedit ([href]www.matedit.com[/href]) for outdoor levels (free)

Download Milkshape (sorry, no link) for $20, free trial version also. This is for creating 3D models for your games.

Otherwise, there is not much more tools (in MY opinion (some people disagree)) that is NESSESARY to create some decent games with DarkBASIC

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 06:59
MilkShape (http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/)

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults. I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.
BlinkOk
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks guys! i noticed there is a bundle in the online store so i think i'm gonna go with that and your other recommendations.
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 14:49
For DBPro, i suggest getting it from Retro Warez because it is much cheaper than any of the packages offered by TGC...

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 16:27:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 16:27:26