Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / RTS Ingame Layout

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have been making an RTS game for a while now, though I'm not particularly happy with the look for the in-game console... I was wondering if anyone would be able to come up with something I could possibly use which has a better, more mechanical, yet still RTS feel to it.

Any help with the idea would be greatly appreciated!

I thought this was the most suitable forum to place this thread, if not could a mod change the location to the correct forum. - Could the version of this thread from the texture maker forum please be deleted

A

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll do it..

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I made one that is similar to yours so that you don't have to change anything. But I have included the Photoshop Layers so that you can edit it...

Attachments

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a picture of it...

Attachments

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 16:03 Edited at: 7th Sep 2011 16:04
Cool, thanks for the fast reply! Would it be possible to style a bit of the radar, highlighted unit area and buttons? I tried but was hopeless at it! Just possible indents for these important places. Attached are a few images of exact button locations ect... They are currently on 1600x1400, so need quick scaling up to 1920x1080 if need be.

Also, stupidly, I forgot to mention that there is a detail box which appears in the game when hovered over a button, i'll include it in the images below. Though I do really like the buttons which are in the place of the description box! It would be nice adding a few warning lights or other things which could appear in those lights, so would it be possible to maybe move the box to the left or right, or just a bit higher, but still with the style perhaps.

Thanks

James

Layout including description box:

Hot spot diagram of buttons:

Layout of lowered button / radar / highlighted unit areas:

All images can be clicked to enlarge

Massive thanks again!!

A

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I think I get what you want. Try this...

Attachments

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Picture....

Attachments

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Its almost there! Could you shrink the details box, and make it in the same style as the rest of your image please, I didnt mean for it to be the same style as my one! And possibly if you could add a slight colouring of red with a slightly darker style that would be perfect! Any further modifications I would be able to manage myself.

Sorry about the last nagging request. Thanks for the help again!!

A

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok try this...

Attachments

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Picture...

Attachments

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 19:49 Edited at: 7th Sep 2011 19:50
Yeah thats great! I'll be sure to mention you in credits and where ever else I mention names!

Massive thanks again,

James

A

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 00:06
@Pincho, Have you done or ever thought about doing a tutorial on how you create your Huds?

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't really have any fixed rules. I might make my next one in Anim8or in 3D. I just try out new things each time.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 21:03
old thread i know, but i started a sort of interface for an rts. If you like the style I can see about finishing it for ya.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.

Attachments

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 23:46
Very nice work guys! I'm actually designing my UI for my DBP rts at the moment too! I've decided to go out on a leg and try something new... Will hopefully have a demo up in a month (year?), but no spoilers until then.

Help build an online DarkBASIC Professional help archive.
DarkBasic Help Wikia
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 00:26 Edited at: 7th Nov 2011 00:26
@Pincho Paxton
Massive thanks for your time creating that gui. I'll be keeping it in my media stock as its all constantly changing and will be until the game is finally finished.

@Phaelax
That style looks really good actually! Would really appreciate it if you could finish it please. I will be coming back to this project once my computer science coursework has been completed (after Christmas).

@Burning Feet Man
Cool to hear mate, its a challenging project! Will be easier if you find a team because its a real challenge to create all the media and program at the same time!

A

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 22:06
Hi Arenas,

At this stage I'm more concerned about gameplay than polished media. To compliment my limited resources, I'm choosing and art style that is applicable too.

Although it'd be nice to be working in a team, that comes with it's own challenges too!

Help build an online DarkBASIC Professional help archive.
DarkBasic Help Wikia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:11:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:11:53