Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Need Help Buying DBPro And Cartography Shop 3

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 11:01
Ok...
I know this probably isn't the smartest place to post this, but...

I have managed to find DBPro for GBP £45.99, USD $77.92, EUR €65.85, AU $110.70, Incl. P&P which i think is the cheapest around. It's at Retro Warez.
But, because I'm a cheap, poor liitle bastard, i want it cheaper... Hehe, does anyone know of anywhere where i can get it any cheaper?

Now, for Cartography Shop...
I can't find ANYWHERE that sells Cartography Shop except here and their website. Which both offer it for £39.99, USD $67.75, EUR €57.25, AUS $96.29.
Does anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

So far, i can get the both of them for nice and cheap (well, cheaper than the DBPro & CS 3 Bundle, anyway) for £85.99, USD $145.70, EUR €123.12, AU $207.06. But, that's alot of money for me... I'm a full-time student, and our family is relatively poor.

Thanks for any help...

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy
KNau
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 11:06
The cheapest way to get DBPro is get it for free. Download the Alienware demo - it doesn't expire until the end of December, which gives you more than enough time to knock out a game. You may not win first prize (that's reserved for me ) but you can probably win DBPro for free! Otherwise, buy Dark Basic - make a quick shareware game and let the royalties from that buy you DBPro!

You don't need Cartography Shop. It's quite good but it's also a luxury item, not at all essential for creating a decent game.

Lastly, don't be so bloody cheap !

http://www.canceriannewmedia.com
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 12:15
Yeah, but I probably won't make a good enough game to win DBPro...
And the same goes for the shareware, i can't make a good enough game/proggy to start charging for it...

And yeah, i asked around and Cartography Shop isn't all that good.

And Lastly, I AM CHEAP!
lol...

Thanks though... anyone else?

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 16:40:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 16:40:09