Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Weberalla!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here it is, the demo version of my html editting program that Ive developed all on my ownsome! Weberalla is the mistress of the web and she will help you create your web site.

Please download and let me know what you think!

Download link:

http://www.spectresoftware.com/Weberalla%20Demo.zip

Requirement:

The .Net Framework must be installed. This can be found on Windows Update if the setup program will not run.

Here is the feature list:

Design view of HTML Page editting from within the program.
Supports copy paste within the preview mode and preserves the font. E.g. when copying from MS Word to Weberalla.
HTML Syntax Highlighting
Convert all tags to uppercase option
Multiple Document interface
Tabbed document navigation
Edittable Template file document base
Preview document as HTML in external browser
Preview document within the program, also at 800x600 and 1024x768 sizes
Integrated file tree explorer pane
Folder monitoring
Remembers the 10 most recent documents
Configuration stored in an XML File
Links to HTML and CSS references

Finally... a word on price. I was thinking of selling it for around £15 a shot... after giving it a go, why not let me know what do you think?
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 19:43
before I download, I wanted to ask: What are the demo's limitations?

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.
kingius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2003 20:25 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2003 20:29
Weberalla is fully functional until the program has been loaded 50 times, quite generous Im sure you will agree!
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2003 11:11
yeah, that's a good way to stop people from using the proggy, BUT, what if they leave their computer on and just leave it runing? I know a LOT of people that leave their computers running non-stop for months on end...

Mabey you should check to see if the program has been idle for more than say 6hrs, then auto save all open documents, and close the program...

Just a suggestion...

Oh, and i don't know what's up with this:
When i open the defualt template, the code is:

But then, if i click on any of the preview buttons, then back to code, the code has changed to this:

Really odd, mabey its a bug?

Oh, well... Very good work btw, i like the little features it's got like HTML reference/color codes/special characters (although, none of these buttons work for me) It is a good idea to have them in there...

I like it alot, it seems to me to be just as powerfull as anything that could be made by Frontpage or Dreamweaver (at the simple level) and is cheap too...

Keep up the good work.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy
kingius
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback!

I dont mind if people leave it running on their machines forever, eventually they have to reboot (eg. for a windows update or some virus updates) even if it has crashed, so the program would eventually run out. I prefer to be generous with the demo so people have a chance to really use the program and make a proper decision about it.

The preview is losing the whitespace from the template, its a bug, and one that I will fix soon. Im going to keep developing the program, adding more features (especially focussed around the preview mode) and build a web site for it too.

The help buttons trigger a system command that says "explorer, go to this web page". Im not sure why it wouldnt be working, maybe I should just open the page in the program itself instead of attempting to do it externally?
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2003 13:05 Edited at: 24th Oct 2003 13:06
That's cool about it running out, its just that i thought, "most people are selfish little brats that want to rip-off every user they can" and assumed you were like that, but you obviously arent.

And, you should build the Weberalla website IN Weberalla to help to show off its features (or mabey not, your chosice.).

The external file bit should be internal, because there could be all sorts of things that could prevent you from properly executing the external browser...

With further development, i reckon you could make a killing with this, especially if you keep it at a nice low price *hint-hint*

kingius
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats a great idea, the web site will definitely be built in Weberalla.

I'll take your advice and launch the links internally. I guess I should build a proper help file soon too.

Ive got some big plans for expanding the package (from simple things like a font picker, to bigger things, think FTP in a future version). I'll keep the price low, too, like youve recommended, and probably provide free upgrades in it too.

I'll keep everyone informed on updates!
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2003 13:52
nice....

kingius
Years of Service
User Offline
Expect a beta test for an all new version very soon, which will include Dreamweaver like Design time control, such as Bold, Italics and Underline text editting!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:42:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:42:34