Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / News about Andoid

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Heard about the support of the platform, time of appearance, as the news moves work?

Share a drop of information please.!
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 18:49
I just got myself an Android phone, galaxy S II, so i'm ready for the player! hurry up!

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 19:00
Easy there, it's not even been out that long.. And if you've followed the information closely enough, you'd know Lee is out this week, and there's a Beta AppGameKit Android Player coming soon.
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2011 19:36
spend the time making the game better besides apples store market, sells way way better then androids.

Cheers,
Deion G.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 01:15
Quote: "besides apples store market, sells way way better then androids."

Aint that the old days ?

latest i read whas that also the apple ios market is tough for small developers like the android market.

If you check the forums for ios devs today so will you get the picture!

A floodwave of small crapp apps drained the gold rush there ! as it does from the start on android.

Android is the biggest market but people want free apps there

I want android support as i have an android phone!

But will get an ios device as soon as i can afford it to.
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 02:45 Edited at: 15th Sep 2011 02:48
well i get around 500 a month from the ios games i've written. and have the same exact games on android, and only get 60 bucks a month if that .. i don't have a ton of games, so iim happy with what i got, but looking for a quicker way to get games out, hence why i thought this engine would be good for that to get more out.

i tried also to put them on amazons store but in three months have only sold one game ... so so far

apple is way better for indy devs,
android might get you a months worth of cup of noodles,
amazon good luck even buying a cup of coffee once a year on that.

Cheers,
Deion G.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
@Deion
Really? I thought apple charged $100 before you could even develop anything for their store, let alone the restof the prices... Are you sure?

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
MobileCreator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 05:36
I keep thinking that Android is still a great device to give games for free. If this is your idea, it is great. Now, to make money I still wait to see Android apps be profitable.

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 18:35
swis,

there is a 100 dollar a year fee, but theres a price to googles, and amazons as well.. but it takes money to make money.. and 100 isn't really that much even the worst programmer could make enough short games in a month which could get that back the first month... seen some devs put out hundreds of cheap games a month every month cause they know even if they sell a few the sheer numbers will make it worth it .. unfortunately... bogs down the store way to much...

when i made my very first ios iphone game, it made past 100 the very first month it was out. which was 2 and a half years ago, less apps to compete against then. but the same game still does better then most of my others.. and i think it isnt as well made as some of the newer ones ive done.

Cheers,
Deion G.
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 20:21
I'm looking forward to Windows 8, and their app store, ohh sweet, then we can reach all PC users in the world (atleast the ones using windows 8)

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i think your app will have to be metro-ised to be in the win app store, and as far as i know that is not supported in agk
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 20:50
Oh, it MUST be implemented, since the market is too big to ignore.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 20:52
Just read the info on the appstore, and MS confirms they will support legacy style programs also, not just the tile type! Don't ask for a link, since it was in Norwegian.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 20:55
Quote: "Just read the info on the appstore, and MS confirms they will support legacy style programs also, not just the tile type! Don't ask for a link, since it was in Norwegian."

Men det är ju nästan svenska
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2011 21:26
Screw Andriod, fix the frickin compiler! lol

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:26:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:26:06