Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Visible lights

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I am writing a ship simulator (real ship, not spaceship), and would like to have navigation lights. These would be small lights you could see at a distance, but not light up the place. If you wonder what I'm getting at, look out of the window at night. You'll be able to see lights in the distance, without having much effect on the overall light levels. How can I simulate this?
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 00:25
It would probably be best to use a sprite or 3d model for the light, make it not sensitive to fog or ambient lighting and make it as bright as possible, thus simulating a light. You can't actually see light sources in DB, so you'll need something like this anyway. Then you can add lens flares, reflections in the water or whatever.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 17:33
yeah after all that, check out the set object command, there's a characteristic called light, if you set it to either 1 (i think) and theres a light in the scene then it glows (when coloured white or yellow). thats what i used for the lights in my game.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Delta
Years of Service
User Offline
I was acctualy wondering this a few days ago, but I couldnt figure it out :S

Any chance of seeing you game Hexgear?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:22:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:22:36