Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / A great inspirational read for us Game Programmers...

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2003 07:21
"Masters Of Doom" by David Kushner.

Its a biographical tale of John Romero and John Carmack (the guys who started ID Software) and how the evolved their lives and carreers in the gaming industry. It picks up from when they were teens, how they got into computers and programming, how they met and how things evolved from there - I am only halfway thru it but I am finding it an inspirational motivating read. I recommend it to all of our aspiring bretheren!

I think most here would enjoy this book.

-RUST-
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2003 07:39
It's a one-sided story, it very much idolizes the two of them and makes all the crap John Romero got himself into to seem like everyone's fault but his (Even past everything else, the ION Storm debacle was his stupid fault, noone elses).

Might be a good read anyways though, I've only looked at excerpts a couple of pages long.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2003 09:55
pfft! Romero's a good guy, and i don't remember him ever blaming anyone else for his mistakes.

I remember alot of media mish mash, but he never said a blasted word on anything that happened... infact the ONLY news that came from him and his site was how pleased he was with his new haircut - THAT was the biggest new for like 3months

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 16:35:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 16:35:45