Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Mushrooms Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys Im just seeking tips on how to make a mushroom that dont resymbol ahh well you know. Recently I made a mushroom but it kinda resymbols well we know. Anyway whats a good tip for rounding the shape perfectly were it dont come out looking so weird. Not sure were I went wrong here:

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 18:01 Edited at: 26th Sep 2011 18:05
I would go for 2 half elipses myself. Like the top half would be almost a circle, and the bottom half would be around half the height and flattened. The base is similar, a tall ellipse with a short ellipese at the bottom. I like to do mushrooms and stuff in nice round and organic shapes, I always think mushrooms should look like they taste like marshmallow.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't used paint for years, and I've only used it twice anyway. You like to make things difficult. But you have no highlights, or shadows. A highlight should be imagined where the mushroom bends the most outwards. Think about a nose on a human face, it bends a lot, and it has a lot of light. The mushroom had a bend where the sun hits it the most. It has dark areas where the sun hits it the least. Most cartoony reds change to orange, and yellow, and most cartoony shades change from red to brown. The stem has a shadow at the top, and a nose like area at the bottom.

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you Van Ill give it a shot tonight.
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2011 12:55
You could use Inkscape (FREE!!!). That way you'll be able to manipulate the image "after-the-fact" and modify the curvature/angles of each line. Also, your image will be a vector image so it can be resized with 0% quality loss. The whole mushroom can be created with just the ellipse tool and the fill tool.

-OR-

Sketch the thing until you're happy with the shape, ink it with a marker(or a brush, I do), scan it, shop it.

Round Phoenix Software Studios
No matter how much you know, you'll always have far more left to learn... (My head hurts)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:06:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:06:36