Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / My fpsc x10 editor lags!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey there! i am running windows 7 x64 home premium
ati radeon hd 4650 1GB graphics card ( supported )
and direct x11 when running fps creator x10 but when i got to run the editor i have incredible lag but no lag in game test ... please help me out! i purchased this product for around £60 and am not able to use it! - Alex

Alex Fuller
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 23:23
Hi Alex,

My PC runs a bit slow once i have a few entities and such scattered around and as yours, no lag during test game; in fact, i usually get around 200FPS. I think this is completely normal. My rig consists of,

Win 7 X64
4GB RAM
AMD X4 3.1ghz
NVidia GTX460 1GB

If it becomes an annoyance, what i tend to do is travel around my map with a light source selected! I know it sounds strange, but, once i select that little light bulb, i can whizz around the editor like normal.

I hope this helps

Unfamillia

Logo by The Next
Alexander Fuller
Years of Service
User Offline
i appreciate the reply unfamillia but the problem isnt the test game, the editor laggs and i get like 200fps in game test and i don't know why ...

Alex Fuller
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 01:04 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2011 02:29
everyone who has w7 x11 editor lags, and it is part and parcel of x11, if you bought it then should of expected it to be only x10 usable, but the fact is you me and most on here have it on x10.1 on x11 which is a bonus meaning we can use it 'yay' and you kinda get used to it, and unfamillia means in the editor. if at one side of the birdseye view map and you select a lightbulb as if to place it, then your editor will speed up is what he is saying, and make sure you have directx10.1 installed on your pc or it will not work, and also make sure you have all updates installed. up to 1.11

then upload mystic mod which fixes more errors.

the fact you bought x10 for x11 was a gamble if you read up on it. but if you have directx 10.1 then it should be usable, so do not worry or stress out.

to do
1. install direct x10.1
2. update to v1.11 fpscx10
3. install mystic mod
4. then it should be good to go

note. all our editors are slow but it depends how slow your editor is. if it is workable then patience is needed as game making is a game of trial and error.
if it takes you 1 hour to scroll your map editor then there is something wrong.

but the main thing is DO NOT PANIC! we will get you there
and welcome to x10 stick around these guys are great

s.b.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:56:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:56:58