Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Display SetDisplayMode function

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2011 02:29
I am running my PC at 1680x1050. When I run a DarkGDK.net sample app, it always runs at 640x480. I am trying to set the display to run at the resolution of my desktop, but the code is simply ignored. Any ideas?

\"cm\" does equate to true, but this just triggers an error.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 22:49
You may need to pose this in the DarkGDK forum because the function all equates down to the main DarkGDK library function. If the main GDK function doesn't support the resolution, neither will DarkGDK.NET.

Paul.

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 02:12
Really? I find that hard to believe since I am running Dark Basic Professional (1.076) on this system and that function works flawlessly using the regular language product. I thought the DarkGDK.net is just a wrapper into the same DLLs used by Dark Basic Professional?

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 21:08
Yes, you are correct in that they wrap the main code base, but the DarkGDK lib files which were (at the time) used for DarkGDK.NET, exhibited this problem. Let me investigate this further as there may be a work around.

Paul.

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 23:55
Just to see, I am clearing my system of VS 2008 and VS 2010 and am going to start with a clean install of everything and see if my system has some issues. I've had other applications fail recently for no reason.

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 18:42
Okay, here is some good news. I stripped my system of both VS2008 and VS2010. I then ran Norton Utilities to clean the registry of all entries after removal. I then rebooted my PC. I reinstalled VS2008 and VS2010 with SPs. I then installed first, the Dark GDK. I made sure I added the proper include and library references under "Tools" as described.

I followed that by installing Dark GDK.NET. I then opened the Game Level sample program as a C++ project in VS2008. I added the line "dbSetDisplayMode(1680,1050,32)". It compiled without issue and ran as expected.

So, I then loaded the app I have been creating in VB.NET and added the code back in, but, added the bit depth to the command. It ran like a champ! So I am now very happy.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 21:30
I'm glad you managed to get it working because I was experiencing a similar problem when running using the said resolution. Although I'm not convinced that my screen will go that high tbh.

Either way, I'n glad you've managed to resolve the issue.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:16:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:16:36