Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Need Artists!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 09:55 Edited at: 9th Oct 2011 19:59
So I need someone to make me a knight, 25 pixels wide, 35 high
(Overhead view) 3 directions, up, down, and left, I can use "Mirror Sprite" to make them look right. And some animations, they can be very simple, like 2/3 frames. Same with a civilian. (Peasant if you want to use terms)

Then I need a cottage, a ghosted cottage, and a construction animation. All 50x35.(The knights/civilians are more important though)

PLEASE CENTER EVERYTHING, OTHERWISE IT WILL JUST SPAZZ OUT WHEN PLAYED.

And thats all for now, thanks to anyone who helps!

"Insert funny coding-related joke here"
White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 06:32 Edited at: 10th Oct 2011 06:34
Im no artist so i can help but i imagine people would be more willing to help if you have screens or a video of your current progress. if your not to far in development make some stand in they may look like crap but hey its better then nothing.

*edit removing old out of date sig for 2 years ago, god i've been gone a while*

I eat people...
Zapleaf
Years of Service
User Offline
What White Fang 12 said was very helpful. If you could show some screen shots I am more than sure you will get more assistance. I myself am a coder, but if your project where to interest me I could give it a shot. I used to do a lot of my own pixel work, I am not the best, but I am also not the worse.
Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 03:32 Edited at: 11th Oct 2011 03:33
Well I have no real progress, Im having trouble with this sprite issue, Right now I have player input, and a loop which constantly updates the positions. But that isnt working because sprites dont have a command to just position them somewhere on the x y grid so if theres any plugins to fix that, then tell me, otherwise I may need to use image commands. Here is just what it looks like if you just paste my horrible temp images to the screen.

Also, If anyone wants to help

White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 05:10
I havent had DBpro on my pc in a long while but see if this works

I eat people...
White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 05:18
Starting a new post because the other was hard to read in the post box.

Im going to be honest your not ready to be requesting artistic help, though now you may have the intent to get good and make this an amazing project which you quite possible could if you work hard. I had my fair share of canceled projects with reasons ranging from losing drive, the code becoming to cluttered, to plain lazyness. So requesting art help on a project that quite frankly you havent trully started isnt a good idea.

When it comes to your code i gave you that snippet to send you in the HOPEFULLY (i may have forgotten my dbpro knowledge) right direction I highly reccomend that you go and look into so tutorials be it 2d or 3d, you may want your first project to be 3d DB pro is alot better when it comes to that kind of stuff and once you get that down to some degree would i reccomend tackling 2d because if i recall DBpro is a Pain in the *Censored* when it comes to 2d.

Goodluck!

I eat people...
Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 06:10 Edited at: 11th Oct 2011 06:17
No, it just shows a blank screen.

EDIT: LOL, you posted the same time as me, well it doesnt work. :/, or maybe not.

and I know its early, but I don't really need tutorials, Im not that much of a noob, I just had an issue. (I probally did make a bad mistake with the updateentities function, I can do it directly in playerinput) But besides that, I just am trying to fix the problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:35:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:35:12