Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / character controller already exist error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 23:37
hi i just recently get a new pc with windows 7,ive installed newest dbp & dp. i got the newest nvidia phys drivers but my program keeps giving me an error that character controller already exists!

i did a test 2 see if a character controller exist in a small program like text "yes" if exists and the program didnt do anything.
is anyone else getting this error???
how do i fix this???

also i cant run the softbody or force field demos,dbp says it doesnt understand the force field commands.
i think i need the latest dark physics commands
plz help someone
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 18:06 Edited at: 11th Oct 2011 18:10
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=172636&b=30

check if you've done all of these, if yes then shout and will see if we can work out whats wrong.

plus the cc can only be the same number.

if you post code will be able to see were you may be going wrong.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 21:27 Edited at: 11th Oct 2011 21:29
yes ive done all of those things.

my new pc has windows 7 home premium
dx 11
didnt look up video card but a serious nvidia 3d card
i dont think the problem is my pc at all

also i know the cc can only be 1 number.

here,i made this small prj 2 test if dbp is deleting the character controller & it didnt.every time i clicked controlkey i could still
move the box.

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 22:45
theres another thing,dbp & dark physics works ok except the cc error. but when i install the dp upgrade,dp projects then i get an error that nxcooking.dll is missing from my system.

my main problem thou is that dbp is not deleting my cc. ive been working on my game for about 3 yrs now & it relys heavily on this.
if i cant get this cc error fixed ill either have 2 recode all my players movement,npcs movement!!!!!!
or stop using dbp forever!!!

i hope someone can help
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 23:13
ok i finally got the nxcooking.dll missing error 2 go away.

i think ive narrowed the problem down to this!!!!

i tried 2 run the force field,softbody demos & dbp doesnt recognize these commands.

somehow i need 2 add all of the phy commands into dbp,the compiler or whatever.
would anyone be willing 2 upload there compiler files for dark physics so i can dl it????

if this isnt the problem then i think maybe a windows 7 security feature could be stopping these commands somehow????
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 23:49
its not recognizing the load soft body commands either. i really think this is my problem.somehow my compiler isnt recognizing all of my physics commands.it recognizes some but not all.

any help anyone?????
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 16:40 Edited at: 12th Oct 2011 16:43
a line from a demo they did to show how to use it, are you doing like this in your code.

I can post the whole demo if you think it will help.

with CC just hide the one you got and make a new one, this is the only way as the delete command dose not work and no work around could be found.

You could email Mike and see if he would be willing to fix it.

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 18:24
i will email tgc & ask if they will fix dp 2 work with windows 7 but i highly doubt they will! im giving up on dark physics completely thou,im going 2 go with sparkys collision.i think it has physics also right?? not sure.
anyway ive been rewriting my game 2 take out all my dark physics commands(huggggggee task )believe me!
ive taken out all my players cc commands & i was just testing my game with my player running outside & all of a sudden i get cc error doesnt exist again!!!!! dark physics is verrrry buggy with windows 7!
i forgot 2 mention my pc is 64 bit & i know dbp is 32 bit so ive really been thinking about scrapping dbp & moving 2 like 3dg#
i think there latest version is supported by latest software.im really starting 2 fell dbp is outdated,not supported.i mean it doesnt even use latest dx!!!!
i even thought of going 2 a pc store & letting them downgrade my windows os 2 xp. 2 get my game 2 work right but then i thought no what if my game still doesnt work??
well enough ranting lol
im just going 2 keep using dbp (for now) with a different physics system. any reccomendations on good ones around here (thats not dark physics!!!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 16:59
newtonhttp://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154086&b=5

Box2D Wrapper V2.0.0 - 2D Physics engine with CCD
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=126064&b=5

XenoPhysics - A Havok Wrapper for DarkBasic Professional
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162138&b=8

there one more starting with B i think but cannot find it yet.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 22:40
Dark DynamiX

Character controller fully implemented and working with example.

Faster than sparkys and developed to a very high standard. There is bound to be the odd issue here and there but it has full support from me.

If you do try it and have any issues then just post on that thread and I will fix asap

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 21:28
hey thanks guys 4 the links! i really appreciate it!
i like dp alot,i wish they would fix it 2 work with windows 7
til then ill just another physics system
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 17:30
well i know no one cares but i didnt bother 2 ask tgc 4 an update 2 dp 4 windows 7,becoz personally i think they dont care.it would be too much coding & time 2 update dp! so i thought y waist my time? :/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:19