Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Brain Thought Help Wanted; Tutorials!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 15:35
Greetings fellow TGC'knights, it's been a while since I've done any free projects as I've been quit busy with life and two full time jobs. So to mix things up a bit I thought it would be cool to not only build free media for the community, but also build an in-depth tutorial on how it is created, whether through video or images, or both.

So I need your ideas on what you want to learn how to model, uvmap, texture, rig, animate, rendering, lighting, low rez, high rez, shader maps, importing into DBP-FPSC, optimizing, poly usage, designing, anything! I want to cover as many topics as possible, and I'm shooting for 2-3 for each category from beginner to expert difficulty.

So get those brain juices firing and hit me with your ideas. I hope to start this project in the next day or two.

Thanks again my friends.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 18:15 Edited at: 10th Oct 2011 18:16
I think that UV Mapping a sphere crops up so much it would be a good start, especially being as the model is simple.

Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with Pincho on that, since that might be an easy place to start (but not so easy for beginners... hehe...)

Another thing you can do is show how to do a low-poly character model, and (maybe) topology of low-poly models if you're familiar with it.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 05:24
A NON VIDEO! tutorial on human head topology, it's nearly impossible to find one that's not a video, and i hate video tutorials.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Josh

I have searched the forums and youtube for a tutorial on animating characters in Fragmotion. I could not find any. It's either so obvious (but I don't "get it") or so difficult that no one's attempted explaining it.

So I'd like to see a basic tutorial on animating an FPSC object irrespective of the modeling program. I know there's frames and keyframes involved, and then what? You assign them? How? etc.

Thanks

Eugene
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 17:44
Quote: "A NON VIDEO! tutorial on human head topology, it's nearly impossible to find one that's not a video, and i hate video tutorials."

I dont mind video tutorials, but yes, there are way to small amount of pic by pic tutorials on human/head topology - I find it that you learn different things from video and pic by pic..

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 19:44
offtopic: quik, nice psycho twilight avatar XD

ontopic: I agree with getting a sphere tutorial, those buggers at the poles *shakes fist*

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 02:26
Quote: "I find it that you learn different things from video and pic by pic.."

I seem to learn better with text based tutorials. I find it difficult to learn when the person who is talking is focusing all on doing the tutorial itself rather than focusing one explaining it all, which, it's not their fault but with a text tutorial, you can go back and reread whatever you wanted to clarify in your mind.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 13:44
Matter of opinion offcourse: when i first started out i found it very difficult to follow along with a text based - pic by pic tutorial, while on a video i could follow along much easier - now that iam experienced i find it a lot easier to follow pictures now than before!

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2011 01:11
Well seeing as I well... make video ones I guess I could be biased on this but I personally find videos my preferred option. Of course this is just a matter of opinion so what I think really doesn't matter, both are fine.
I remember back when I spent more time on these forums that I could never figure out a solid way to import into FPSC, that topic in specific doesn't interest me personally any more but I'd figure there are other people on here that'd like a tutorial or two on the subject.

Alucard94, lacking proper intelligence.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2011 01:22
It really depends on personal preference, in my opinion, as long as the tutorial is education and useful in some fashion then i'm not fussed if it's in video of text format; it just has to be cooherant.

A good example of a format for video tutorials are racer445's (I'm sure some of you will have heard of him) he does very good video tutorials on texturing, although he did recently trash a bunch of old tutorials, from what I've heard they were a bit of a mess.

good luck with the tutorial, hope some of that was useful info or at least made sense, if not, then well.. im no poet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:08:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:08:26