Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Switching between .x animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

The code works like I want it to, but the game will lag very hard between switching. Is there a way I can load all animations and then just call one when I need it? They are all their own seperate .x file.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 06:56
there is an 'append object' command you specify the animation file to append, the object to append it to, and the start frame of the appended animation in the objects frame set.

so if you have objecta with frames 0-40 for walk and objectb with frames 0-20 for jump you can

load object "objecta.x",1
append object "objectb.x", 1, 41

so that the jump will take frames 41-61 in objecta

it looks like you are using the gdk so the structure will be different but I'm sure the command is still there.

really though any sort of code questions will be better off asked in the dbpro/dark gdk sections of the forum. the 3d chat is more for artists and the production of media than it is in using said media in code.

Zapleaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for the feedback on both subjects. I will be more selective about my future posts for more accurate feed, thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:23:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:23:43