Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Making Plugins with Code::Blocks & GCC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, I would like to make a plugin using Code::Blocks with GCC, I already have a DLL project made & compiled, so what do I do now?
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 15:40
You could use a resource editor like resedit to generate your string tables.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm... okay... this looks helpful, though I'm not exactly sure where to start. When I start up a new project, do I want to open up the name of my DLL, or make it another name?
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 15:00
@Da_Rhyno - Open up DBPro and go to the Help-Dark Basic Professional Help. On the main help screen, scroll down and go into Technical Documents. And now select Third Party Commands.

The most important part of creating a DLL for DBP is the string table which is explained all in that document.

You can either manually create the resource.rc and resource.h yourself or use resedit to do that for you.

I've been looking into Code::Blocks these last couple of days myself mainly to get wxWidgets working with PureGDK but I did notice the DLL setup. It does all the standard setup as with Visual C++ but still you have to add the resource files yourself.

Throughout this forum there are quite a few helpful pointers which I had picked up along the way but now I just stick to the DBP docs if my mind goes blank.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I was looking at those. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is I want to make an rc file, right? Not a PE.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:33:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:33:17