Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / Are DataFiles or .dat files or Pack files, Supported with PureGDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 16:11
The core memory function or pack files of PureBasic are not supported with PureGDK.

Does PureGDK supports , datafiles or binary files or Packfiles?
As I see so far, Enhancements plugin is not supported. If someone wants to load sprites , or images or musics or sounds or everything from pack files how to?
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 18:00
I've actually half got the zlib working (just trying it with passwords) which has been fine for me so far. I did used to use the rarlib with passwords without any problems but as winrar ain't free I threw it aside.

There's a good number of passworded archived file libs out there which are probably better anyway.

I haven't used anything for a while though, I thought at the time on the forums people talking about protecting their media, so I investigated those libs for C++.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The core memory function or pack files of PureBasic are not supported with PureGDK."

Why can't you extract data to temp folder using PureBasic native library and then load the file into PureGDK. If no errors occurred when loading into PureGDK delete the temp file and proceed to next file. This is how DarkBasic loads it's assets as well.

You can't pass memory pointers just now but I really hope that he will introduce them sooner or later.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, DBPro 7.5 + PureGDK 2.0b

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:12:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:12:23