Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Impact: Island 349

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 00:28
Impact: Island 349

Developer: Wheatley Digital

"My name is Jack Mason. 48, retired. Ex-British army special forces operative. I have saved your life twice. I cannot tell you how, why or when. But what I can tell you is that I'm about to do it again, only this time, it's not war, it's survival."

Jack mason is called upon once again for his country, for one last tour of duty. He is the owner of the Victoria cross, the military medal, the medal of honor and the congressional medal of Jesus. He has seen the bitter front lines, the blood that is spilt. Except this time, he is behind enemy lines, in the thick of it. He is deployed, alone, to a deserted island where it is believed that Saddam Hussein's loyalists are taking refuge and are producing WMD, he is tasked to destroy this WMD site and gather any intel that exists. But when his daughter's life is at risk, which path will he take?

Screenshots:

Please Please post your ideas, comment and criticism.

Thanks,
Wheatleyy

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 05:20
There is no congressional medal of jesus

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 05:33
Is this your first game Wheatleyy? Im not trying to be mean im just wondering? I know you have been on the forum for quite some time now, and im suprised that you have not realized what is wrong in your screenshot.

1. The buildings should be seamless, meaning get rid of that repetitive texture. Use the texture with the red bricks or whatever on the bottom and then just use grey plain bricks for the other levels..

2. Where exactly is the light source in the middle coming from? Is it just there to be there?

3. That door doesn't really seem like it should be there. Depending on what type of building that is (office/factory/hospital/etc.) you might want to change the door to something more relevant..

4. Relevant to number 3, the lights on the building are also out of place and should be changed with something else..

5. The map itself looks like it is floating, maybe add some buildings in the background so it makes it look more full/look like a city.

6. I could be wrong, but i don't see that fire emitting any type of light? Maybe add a redish/orangish/yellowish light there

7. Islands usually have trees of some sort, so maybe try adding some to see what you get..

8. Im guessing you just added a random wall around the map to block off the blank space? Use buildings and other entities/segments for barriers.

9. Relevant to 4, the lights are in different spots. Meaning one light is farther away from the door than the other light. Trying moving them around to make them equal distance from the door.

10. I want to make this 10 tips, but i can't think of much else and one screenshot doesn't help that.

Other than that the story is ok, it has been done before. But that doesn't mean this one can't be successful! Take these tips as constructive criticism, they should help your game look nicer and more appealing to the FPSC community..
- Josh

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 07:46
Quote: "congressional medal of Jesus"

Please tell me this is meant tongue-in-cheek

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2011 04:34
Quote: "I want to make this 10 tips, but i can't think of much else "

lol
i like the story of the game

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 05:40
Try improving the effects, and please, post more screenshot.

-kulet

click the banner! =)
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work. More screenshots,please.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:38:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:38:11