Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Sparky collsion not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2011 19:39 Edited at: 28th Oct 2011 19:39
Well im trying to make my 3d object colide with a head but it is not working. I copyed the sliding demo. and i put in my object in the game by doing this.

i do have a question with this part. The question is, using SC_SetupObject(100, 1, and here goes the shape) well my object is not a circle, or box, so it has to be a polygon. My object is just a head with a pointy nose and ears. so i put down Polygon.

Oh yea i also put the head in the same group as the terrain. This might be a problem i dont know.

Since the monsterHead is in the same group i was hoping i would not have to do anything with collsion. I found out that it does not work.

Im asking how do i make collision with this?

Here is the full code:

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
I found out what the problem was. The problem was that i called SC_SetupObject before i finished calling every thing.

Now my problem comes with Blender...When i make a object i can see the little squares in them unless i make thousands of faces which is bad. How can i make it so i cant see the squares.

FYI The Attached image is not a monster head it is just to demonstrate the little squares you can see.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen

Attachments

Login to view attachments
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to add smoothing groups, not sure how to do this in blender but I'm sure a quick google search will help
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2011 17:59
in 2.5 in edit mode, on the mesh tools panel, there is a section called 'Shading' with options for flat and smooth. select the faces you want to smooth and hit the smooth option.

in 2.49 there is a button labeled 'Set Smooth' under 'Link and Materials' panel of the editing (f9) menu. you can hit it in object mode for the whole object or in edit mode with faces selected.

you can use an edge-split modifier in both versions to control what gets smoothed and how, or autosmooth by angle. These work sort of like smoothing groups, allowing you to get hard edges and creases where you want them, while smoothing out surfaces.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
That worked great.

Now Since you said that ill have to look at the smoothing groups closer, learn what they are.(In a Good Way)

Thankyou

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2011 20:26 Edited at: 29th Oct 2011 20:26
Okay so when i marked the seams and unwraped them it worked how i wanted but then when i colored them in and exported it to the game it is darker where i marked them. You can see it in my Second post pic on top of the head i made sure they are the same color too. what do i do to fix it thanks

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2011 22:18
the uv layout is going past the color parts of the texture, or is close enough to get bleeding with the background. just pull the edges of the UVs in a bit to pad the color and it should get rid of the seams

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
I may sound like a noob but how do i do this BTW i have 2.5

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2011 01:33 Edited at: 30th Oct 2011 01:34
in the uv/image editor window where you layout your uv map after unwrapping just select a piece and scale it down to like 99% so the edges come in a bit. do that for each piece that has seam problems

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont think im doing it right but ill tell you what im doing

I also dont know how to attach more image than one

1st Post: As you can see on the right i have my UV image

2nd post: I have my part that is too big selected, i click UVS at bottom then transform then Resizing.

3rd Post: That is showing how much i resized it.

4th Post: That is showing i still have line

Attachments

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
2nd post

Attachments

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
3rd post

Attachments

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
4th post

Attachments

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2011 13:53
When you create your texture in your image editor you need to make the edges 'bleed' more.
Simply rescaling the uv's won't do the trick and is also not advised when you make a full blown model.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
I personaly dont want to shrink the uv image at all. so how do i make the eddges bleed? I searched it and it wont tell me. all the parts in the uv image are all the same color.

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 20:29
- In your second to last picture it looks like you've rescaled the uv's so they fit into the texture. However due to the odd shape it doesn't work.

- What I mean with texture bleeding is that you extend the colors outside of the uv's. (When the texture color is calculated in game by direct3d it sometimes picks up colors from outside of the uv's)

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 01:23
you can also just fill the empty background with a color to match the skin

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 23:11 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2011 23:29
SOLVED

In case some one else has this problem i found out that there was a image in the folder that was the texture. when i kept exporiting the image it would not change that is because it was not changing the texture file.

Thanks for anyone(is that two words?) who helped or attempted to help.

I thought the UV was embedded in the .x file.
So then i found out that i dint pack the UV image with the .x .

Can You? How?

Have A Nice Day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:24:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:24:30