Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Trying to find my vid card voltage...

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 06:17
I have a PNY Verto GeforceFX 5200 Ultra 8X AGP card, how do I find out the voltage specs of this card. I am about to build a new pc and I need to know exactly what voltage spec this card uses...soz I make sure I comply with the specs on the new motherboard.

thanks

-RUST-
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 06:36
only needs 3.3v but it uses a standard -12v to +12v ... in terms of actual consumption your looking at around 15mw

depending on what you wanna put in your comp will determine the power, but really in actualy terms of consumption it uses about as much as a USB device with independant power supply.

you can get 350watt PSUs now for a matter of $10, $30 if with a case. that should suit even the most demanding system, unless you happen to be running SCSI with over 4 Devices, or innumerable USB devices without independant power supplies.
heck, my P4-1.25ghz system with FX5600 Ultra and 4 IDE Devices runs happily on an old 230watt

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 06:39
ha ha you must have answered this before reading my reply to your stupid remarks in the other thread

ha ha!

-RUST-
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 06:46
i would've helped anyways... doesn't stop you being a moron

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 06:51
ha ha ha

-RUST-
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 17:11
If you get one of the new fancy mobos the agp slot might only support 1.5v cards.

The card needs to have a notch in the correct place to fit in the 1.5v agp slot.

google will proberly find you more info than is healthy for you to read.
Here is a link from a quick search (scroll down it has pictures)

http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 18:41
what I meant, before I was side tracked with that jerk RAVEN, was the agp port voltage. According to asus there are 3 possible voltages for agp vid cards .8, 1.5, 3.3 volts. The board I am going to get can support 0.8 and 1.5, not 3.3. I wanted to find the voltage spec for my card (mentioned above) so I can know ahead of time if it is compatible - I am pretty sure it is.

-RUST-
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 18:51
the FX Ultra lines are all 3.3 ... but this isn't the SLOT, its the additional Power - the slot is a standard AGP voltage, that is the ENTIRE point in the additional Power Socket
though seriously what the hell are you downgrading your hardware to Shuttles nForce400 Minimobo??

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 19:27
you know the best place for nvidia card information... is ohhh i dunno perhaps NVIDIA.COM
ya know just a maybe ... and PERHAPS one of the technical whitepaper pdfs ... i dunno might have the EXACT answer your looking for.

I mean if anyone was to have to correct technical information, would it not be the hardware developer?
:: sometimes wonders about these people ::

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 21:32

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:36:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:36:47