Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Life is Hard ( overhaul )

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 10:36
I am doing overhaul of my game Life is Hard because everything in first try was pretty bad and I want to start a complete new progress.

Developer : Me
Genre : Action Horror
Year : 2011/2012
Using : X9 - no mods

Game will be in chapters and each chapter will have around 5-6 levels. Now I finished 2 levels on 1 chapter ( and I am working on level 4 ) so when I complete each chapter I will post it to you guys. Story will be revealed in release date of chapter.
And there are pictures ( lot of them, I hope not too much xD ), I hope that you like them.

Level 1 : Back to Home

Level 2 : Not started yet

Level 3 : The God is with you, my son... - this is my favorite level, a lot investigation you need to do if you want to make any progress, also I put dark labirint, I enjoy every time I play this level

Level 4 : Should I knock ? ( I am working on this level and this level is not finished yet, but I have some pictures )

This is bigest post that I ever made, and I am sorry if it is too big, but I had so much pictures to show Any comment will be useful.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 12:57
This looks impressive, I especially like the Home and Church.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 13:32
Looks very nice; the wallpaper in the first scene looks like it's used too much and the notices in the church seem out of place (why would they be there?)

I'm just nit-picking though, the atmosphere looks great.

All browsers should come with compulsory spell checks.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing to say mates.Well done and I like your design very much

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 16:07
Looks very good! I also like the church scene very very much! Very good work! In the last screenshot: Where did you get those Half-Life 2 style boxes? They look neat (for boxes).

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 20:59
Quote: "This looks impressive, I especially like the Home and Church. "

Thanks Nickydude, I appreciate your comment!

Quote: "Looks very nice; the wallpaper in the first scene looks like it's used too much and the notices in the church seem out of place (why would they be there?)

I'm just nit-picking though, the atmosphere looks great.
"

Thanks for comment and criticism. No, this wallpaper is used just once, notices are not exactly in church, they are in labirint, but I will reconsider these notes.
Thanks again!

Quote: "Nothing to say mates.Well done and I like your design very much"

Thank you very much. You forgot that you are my teacher

Quote: "Looks very good! I also like the church scene very very much! Very good work! In the last screenshot: Where did you get those Half-Life 2 style boxes? They look neat (for boxes)."

Thank you very very much. I am not sure where I get these boxes, I found that pack really long time ago, sorry mate

Thank you all for comments!
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 12:59
Update 1 :

Sorry for double post but I need to do that. I am curently on Level 4 and I am mixing some things on this industrial place so I have some new pictures for you guys. I hope you like them and comment if you have any suggestion or anything to say

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow look impressive.Can't wait the full game hehe.

Quote: "Thank you very much. You forgot that you are my teacher "

I know lol,thanks for not forgetting me.Ah I am now working on my model and think maybe its suitable for your game.Will send the model to your email.Pss I can texture the UV Map now haha.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 13:45
Quote: "Wow look impressive.Can't wait the full game hehe."

Thanks mate, first chapter is coming probably on 28th this month. You will play 5 missions on first chapter, so keep on just little time and you will have chance to play
Quote: "I know lol,thanks for not forgetting me.Ah I am now working on my model and think maybe its suitable for your game.Will send the model to your email.Pss I can texture the UV Map now haha."

No, I can not forgot you. I am waiting for that model, and I will put it on special place.
And I have question for you, do you know some models or can you model some things on theme of church, I need that models.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "can you model some things on theme of church, I need that models"

AH thats not a big problem.I can model it if you want since I got free time.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 14:31
very natural, well lightened look. nothings seems out of place. also i like the hints, but try to do them as riddles (illuminati-style, often seen in old churches, most in latin, but...well, think of it.^^).

great work, i-like-click.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 14:50
Quote: "AH thats not a big problem.I can model it if you want since I got free time."

Of course that I want, I would appreciated it teacher
Quote: "very natural, well lightened look. nothings seems out of place. also i like the hints, but try to do them as riddles (illuminati-style, often seen in old churches, most in latin, but...well, think of it.^^).

great work, i-like-click. "

Oh thank you very much maho, I will also look at your suggestion of hints, thank you again, I appreciate your comment.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2011 17:12
speechless... this look really good. awesome work on the level design. great use of the models.I am liking this great looking game. way better than the last time.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Beno here your request.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191168&b=24&p=0

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 12:11
Quote: "speechless... this look really good. awesome work on the level design. great use of the models.I am liking this great looking game. way better than the last time."

Thank you, I appreciate your great comment.
Quote: "Beno here your request.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191168&b=24&p=0
"

Oh thanks Leon, I will look into that model. Will you continue to model church stuffs ?

Another Update :

Here are some more church pictures. This is my most ambitious level and I am trying to put some great stuffs. The atmosphere will be very spooky and some great sounds and traps will add some more effects to horror effect od darkness. I will also now do underground level and that will be special.
Two pictures and comment of course

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Oh thanks Leon, I will look into that model. Will you continue to model church stuffs ?"

I will continue working on it mate.Anyway nice design and atmosphere.Will watching this thread from now on.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 07:52
The level design is looking really neat so far, I especially like your church interiors. Hope to see more of this, keep up the great work my friend.

Although, if and when you do consider releasing this, I'd take all the Source models out. I'm spotting media from HL2 and CS, 6 things at least. Just a heads up.

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 13:46
@Beno09

This is looking really nice. I do like the atmosphere you have created.

I am curious though; why did you decide to remake this in X9, when your original was created in X10?

Anyway, like i said, you are doing a great job here. Really nice lighting.

Unfamillia

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work Beno09 , I'm liking the atmosphere in this.

Will def keep an eye out for a release.

keep up the good work

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 21:06
Quote: "I will continue working on it mate.Anyway nice design and atmosphere.Will watching this thread from now on."

We are all waiting for some new models. Thanks mate and also comment when new pictures come.
Quote: "The level design is looking really neat so far, I especially like your church interiors. Hope to see more of this, keep up the great work my friend.

Although, if and when you do consider releasing this, I'd take all the Source models out. I'm spotting media from HL2 and CS, 6 things at least. Just a heads up."

Thanks I appreciate your comment. You will see soon new pictures and again thank you friend.
The game will be released in chapters, chapter 1 will come at end of this month or at start of next month.
Quote: "This is looking really nice. I do like the atmosphere you have created.

I am curious though; why did you decide to remake this in X9, when your original was created in X10?

Anyway, like i said, you are doing a great job here. Really nice lighting.

Unfamillia"

Thank you for comment and good words.
I did not make previous game in x10, I just made a mistake. I make every game in x9
Thanks again mate
Quote: "Nice work Beno09 , I'm liking the atmosphere in this.

Will def keep an eye out for a release.

keep up the good work

best s4real
"

Thank you s4real, really appreciate your comment. You know release, at and of this month or at start of next. Some new pictures may be around for next few days.

All of you thanks again I really love when I see new post on my game.

I did not make any progress in few days and I will present to you just one new picture, and also I must say to you that Level 4 is removed.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 00:51
Here I am again with some new pictures from underground room. I am trying to do every room unique so I will post many pictures from one room. I would appreciate comments on this screens Thanks!

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow its beautiful design mate.I can't believe it you're improving so fast haha,good job I am really proud of you.Well I am bit busy right now since I was learning to used Cry Engine and improving my skills in Unity.About the church pack,you know I got to complete all of it and then give it to community after I finishing some weapons for the pack.So I have a little time for it.I am now create the pick axe and finish rigging but not texture yet.Will give you an updates after I finish some of my weapons.Maybe I will make 3 or more weapons for the pack but I think I am gonna create pick axe and knife.Well your design is looks like Amnesia haha.Remember,anything happen to you don't give up and I think you can be BOTB one day,trust me lol.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 19:59
Quote: "Wow its beautiful design mate.I can't believe it you're improving so fast haha,good job I am really proud of you.Well I am bit busy right now since I was learning to used Cry Engine and improving my skills in Unity.About the church pack,you know I got to complete all of it and then give it to community after I finishing some weapons for the pack.So I have a little time for it.I am now create the pick axe and finish rigging but not texture yet.Will give you an updates after I finish some of my weapons.Maybe I will make 3 or more weapons for the pack but I think I am gonna create pick axe and knife.Well your design is looks like Amnesia haha.Remember,anything happen to you don't give up and I think you can be BOTB one day,trust me lol."

Thank you mate for this big comment. I am designing every room for 2-3 days and that is main thing because I have some really good rooms. Pick your time and do not hurry, just take your time and finish that job with pack Wow that is great comment that one day I can be BOTB or you are just kidding xD Again thanks for comment.

I finished fourth level and now just one level left to finish. So at start of next month I will release first chapter. Here are some pictures from level 4, I hope you like them and comment

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 20:52
Wow this project has a very original feel to it, your environments have a lot of emotion in them, from lighting to textures and model choice. These new rooms are rich in it! Makes me really want to try playing. Keep at it man, keep it original

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 16:27
Quote: "Wow this project has a very original feel to it, your environments have a lot of emotion in them, from lighting to textures and model choice. These new rooms are rich in it! Makes me really want to try playing. Keep at it man, keep it original
"

Thank you for comment and for compliment Yeah I am doing every room and I want to keep my unique style of design. You will soon be able to play, probabably 1-2 weeks left for launch of first chapter. Thanks again, I really appreciate that you are on this game
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 18:03
This looks much better than your first effort - well done

A few things I'll say about the screens -

Your small rooms and narrow corridors are all really good and well lit, but I don't think you've got the large rooms quite right yet.

Looking specifically at your church screens (first post), the room is very, very square, which, for such a large building, looks unnatural. The high ambience level really draws attention to this as well.

You should perhaps experiment with room shapes. Remember, that lots of churches have quite detailed designs with pillars, arches and columns.

The lighting is also off. The ambience is too high and the light maps too weak. It looks very bland. You should drop your ambience so that it's too dark to make out the room shape, and then had small, but striking light maps at the windows. You need to light the way for the player with small spots of light, but not enough to illuminate much of the room. While there will be lighting to lead the player, the church will be veiled in darkness and would look very atmospheric. It will also hide the shape of the room : P A bit like this, only more exaggerated and with smaller pools of light coming through the windows (and a more atmospheric approach.)

http://jackiefreemanphotography.com/images/st_breward_church_interior_dark.jpg
kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 04:32 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2011 08:49
Keep up the good work, I am watching this thread.. Hehe nice lightnings by the way.

work in progress
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 22:07
Quote: "This looks much better than your first effort - well done

A few things I'll say about the screens -

Your small rooms and narrow corridors are all really good and well lit, but I don't think you've got the large rooms quite right yet.

Looking specifically at your church screens (first post), the room is very, very square, which, for such a large building, looks unnatural. The high ambience level really draws attention to this as well.

You should perhaps experiment with room shapes. Remember, that lots of churches have quite detailed designs with pillars, arches and columns.

The lighting is also off. The ambience is too high and the light maps too weak. It looks very bland. You should drop your ambience so that it's too dark to make out the room shape, and then had small, but striking light maps at the windows. You need to light the way for the player with small spots of light, but not enough to illuminate much of the room. While there will be lighting to lead the player, the church will be veiled in darkness and would look very atmospheric. It will also hide the shape of the room : P A bit like this, only more exaggerated and with smaller pools of light coming through the windows (and a more atmospheric approach.)

http://jackiefreemanphotography.com/images/st_breward_church_interior_dark.jpg"

Thanks for this great comment
I will of course fix these things that you mention about main hall in church and when I fix them I will post screenies.
Quote: "Keep up the good work, I am watching this thread.. Hehe nice lightnings by the way."

Thanks kulet, glad to hear that you are watching thread and thanks for lighting
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 16:28 Edited at: 26th Nov 2011 16:30
Here are I am again with new update of fifth level, also fifth level is last level on chapter 1. This level is on graveyard and I want to make a really scary scenes. As you can see I also put the fog for the atmosphere
I am hoping that you guys will comment.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 17:32
WOW! this so creepy and cool. great work on this level. you move up on your skills.you are doing amazing stuff keep it going.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 18:37
Looks really creepy! A perfect setting for some very scary happenings. I also like the fog, great atmosphere you got going! The open graves are a good touch.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow looks really cool mate.Well I really like your graveyard scene.Well done

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 01:17
Quote: "WOW! this so creepy and cool. great work on this level. you move up on your skills.you are doing amazing stuff keep it going.
"

Thanks Michael. I want that atmosphere in my game be creepy and horror and I am trying every time at new level to test my skills. This is my first game, and who knows what you will see in my next games

Quote: "Looks really creepy! A perfect setting for some very scary happenings. I also like the fog, great atmosphere you got going! The open graves are a good touch."

Thanks for comment. As I said, the atmosphere is main thing. There will be only few monsters but I want to make feel to all of you that monster can attack you whenever you make new move.

Quote: "Wow looks really cool mate.Well I really like your graveyard scene.Well done"

Thanks mate

Little update :
I finished design work on my first chapter. So the first chapter will be able to you guys in only few days. I can not say precise what day will it be, but it will be soon.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 12:25
Do anyone want to be beta tester ? If someone want then just put here one post and your e-mail.
Zepper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 14:35
I want to be a tester ^_^
zepper06@mail.ru

With game making from St.-Petersburg.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 18:06
It would be cool, I want to be a beta tester
My email is sakkekorpela @ hotmail . com

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 23:41
Quote: "I want to be a tester ^_^
zepper06@mail.ru"

Quote: "It would be cool, I want to be a beta tester
My email is sakkekorpela @ hotmail . com
"

I sent mail to you guys. Will sent game to you two probably tomorrow.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 03:51

Those pillars look familiar.

I'm glad my old media is still being put to good use.

Great work, a lot of atmosphere in these levels. Reminds me of some detective games my wife plays.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 13:36
Quote: " Those pillars look familiar.

I'm glad my old media is still being put to good use.

Great work, a lot of atmosphere in these levels. Reminds me of some detective games my wife plays.
"

Yes, these pillars are very useful and thanks for it. Also thanks for comment

Here is only third level of my game for test and play, I am hoping that you guys will leave some comments

http://www.multiupload.com/2BKMPN6Q4Z
Zepper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 23:26
Beno09 have you got my email? I have some trouble.

With game making from St.-Petersburg.
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 17:17
I will test the level ASAP it looks very cool

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 20:29
Quote: "I will test the level ASAP it looks very cool"

I would be very grateful to you if you take a test of third level. Thanks mate

It would be good if more people download this third level and report here opinions
Lyonia Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 17:37
You rule man.Let us know if you need any help at all!

Lyonia 4 Life
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 19:30
Lyonia Games : Thanks my mate from Bosnia, you should look at my last project Partemons - Lonesome Killer. That is project that I am currently working on.
Da li posjećuješ BUG Forum ? Tu imaš isto moje igre, a ovo je i stranica našeg studia : http://www.wix.com/univisionstudio/mla

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:22:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:22:13