Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / display text script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know about storyteller script, but it does not work with x10,or i am doing something wrong, but i need a simple script,
i am trying to find a script, that when near an object, you press enter and then a texst will appear on screen, like 'this is an pc'
I can't find any script like this for x10,tried making one, but im not that good yet, how can this be done?

one more question: as for decals can they move from position? animate from on point to another, like a ghost flying past you.

thanks,
B

blendx
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 18:23
As far as the pop-ups go, this would be a hud image, typically a png with transparency. I can post a script for you if you'd like.

For the second question, the way to do this is to have a decal as part of an entity. You can make the entity transparent if you only want the user to only see the animated decal. So, yes and no. A decal by itself can not be moved. However, dynamic entities can move and can also play decals.

Probably just confusing you more than helping right now. I will post a script for you HUD and give you a better explanation on the animated decals when I am on my work machine.

You can also email me if you need quicker response.
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 21:49
@FpsHorror

You can have text appear in any font that you have on your PC.

You need to use hudfont=x (x is the font name. Then hudtext="this is a PC", that will make a HUD appear, in the font you chose, saying, This is a PC.

Example:

I use that all the time for anything the player will need to pick up.

I hope this helped.

Unfamillia

FpsHorror
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks I think I know for decals it needs an entity to work with, but ill try that later, for now i would like to have a script,
i tryed using the script posted by unfamillia, but does it need to be on a trigger? and pickup item? because I would like to have to

press enter near an entity, like a couch, pc, to give the player some information, I do have a script that displays a message, when entering a trigger and able to customize the message, but I need to know how to do this when close to an entity, press enter and display a text on screen then press enter again to go away, not use for triggers if thats possible?

thats all i need for now

blendx
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2011 00:25
@FpsHorror,

the script i put up for you is for when you get close to something. All you need to do is:

1. Change the text in the script to what ever item you want to get info about, ie, "hudtext='E' to pick up Pistol", would become "hudtext='E' to use computer" (without the speech marks)
2. Save this script as whatever you want, but, make it something easy to remember like 'usecomputer.fpi'. Save this in your scriptbank
3. Put your entity in your map
4. Set the entities 'main AI' scipt as the script you have just saved (usecomputer.fpi)
5. test your game, when you get within 40 units (just under half a segment square) of the computer, text will appear on the screen - in this case dead center where your crosshair is. You can change this by changing the hudx= and the hudy= value. Think of the numbers as percentages across (x) and down (y) the screen.

I hope this helped.

I tried to make it simple as i don't know your level of knowledge. please don't think i was being patronizing.

Just trying to help.

Unfamillia

FpsHorror
Years of Service
User Offline
@unfamillia

No problem, im still trying to understand the script and what it does, some basics to start with, I know flash script, web script, but every script used its own language, like this

i already did apply text, and place this in a triggerzone, it works
but when place it in an entity main it does not work, can live with that,

but i would like to 'press enter showhud', then press enter again hidehud, preferably not in a triggerzone but thats ok if it needs to
i tryed by replacing plyrwithindist with plyr used action, no succes

blendx
FpsHorror
Years of Service
User Offline
Edit: forgot it worked with putting entity to dynamic, but for big objects its bad, so i use trigger for that, but now for the

'press enter' to display hud, and then enter to hide part

then i can continue with building

thanks

blendx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:09:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:09:48