Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / RGT Gone again?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 14:10
All buttons don't work with any other browsers than IE. And I'm not going to change my browser for these forums.
'Cause I like my privacy.

Ogres have layers.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 14:27
I dont like the fact it seems to muck up large amounts of code - Darthpuff couldn't use my bitmap code orginally, and I had to send it via e-mail...

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 14:54
This forum seems quite nice, but i want to post up a picture of the car i made. My disc was buggared anyway (not literally), so i couldn`t have shown you anyway. I shall describe it instead.

<PICTURE OF EXCELLENT CAR MODEL I DID. IT IS DARK GREY, AND LOOKS LIKE IT CAN GO VERY FAST INDEED>

Any idea when the RGT forums will be working again?

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 15:55
The sooner the better...

To put on top of the rest,on RGT it doesn't take an hour to get a response...In fact,I believe that if the forum could show(by means of statistics and not searching through) the fastest answer to a thread it'd be like LESS than 1 second.I'm 100% positive on that one.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 15:56
Another thing about the forum I just noticed after posting...

Why would I want to go to page one(1) of a thread right after posting my answer??Usually,I do it the other way around.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 16:01
In any case people think I'm deliberately bashing the forums then they are wrong...

In fact,I like some of the features like being able to quickly recognize read threads by the boldness.

You guys need attachments and Modify posts functions still.

Newbi2basic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 17:05
Maybe ill get some programming done lol

"When all is lost and you have nothing to lose. Thats the time to win stuff back..." Newbi2basic 23:33 26th august 2002
joshualimm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 17:20
RGT forums are the best. White and blue are too bright, green is just right for the eyes. Besides, I'd prefer a notification system that notifies me of new follow ups. On this "NEW" forum, I don't feel THAT comfortable. Honestly.

Games resurrected Imagination and Creativity.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 17:24
You mean like 'List all topics with new replies after your own' type button, that'd be great, you could check your replies then browse for the rest of your visit.

C'mon Mr.Davey, get on it .

Van-B
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 18:03
An hour to respond?
Damn I've been chating almost realtime in here with Rouge and Raps before hahaa
http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/phpBB2
not really more people as most of us on there actually use MSN (crazy eh ) but certainly alot more features like uploading of files/pictures, more colourful, user changeable schemes (althought i only have 2 right now hehee)

This forum might lack features, but its more friendly than most. I think the fact there isn't like thousands of us here actually has helped to create that atmosphere
I'm sure someone would be happy to create a community FTP place for everyone to upload pictures and file, infact i do remember someone offering - but everyone just kinda bitched about how there was no edit button hehee

I like the topic changes we have here too... try to find a post that keeps on subject its very hard , kinda liked that ASCII art that everyone posted a while back was kinda cool.
I'm surprised Rich didn't lock 'n' delete the thread as soon as the nakie ones turned up hehee

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 18:07
I'd like to see personal sections functionnalities such as a 'display follow-up' button which would basically let you view only the posts in which you enabled follow-up(via a checkbox).
Similar to the email follow-up of the old forums.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 18:09
To quote myself:

-In fact,I believe that if the forum could show(by means of statistics and not searching through) the fastest answer to a thread it'd be like LESS than 1 second

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 19:46
About uploading screens.

Firstly, you will have to set up some sort of directory where all the loaded images will go. Then you will have to make sure they are image files (and not viruses), check their size and finally copy them to the directory and write a record into the database giving the filename, etc. I'm not too sure but that could cause problems for backwards-compatibility.

Long live phpBB!

Robman: I'm afraid I have to agree there. With yaBB being a commercial package and widely developed, it has lots of features and is a very advanced forum. Top marks to Rich for writing his own but maybe they should have a few more features? ie:

- Smily buttons
- Preview
- Search
- Whether a board has changed since youre last look (not just posts)

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
NTekk
Years of Service
User Offline
OOhhh mmmannn...RGT is still gone, what's up with that?
been tring since friday night...and now it's monday night
....mmuus mmus ....musst have my RGT.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 23:35
Yeah I know it's a real pain!

Must...g...Get a life....Ah damnit I'm going to BurgerKing's héhéhé

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:06
OH I just realized something. If we pack this forum fulla features, then whos gonna get DBDN?? Wouldnt really make sense now would it.

Well, actually, ya it would. This forum would still suck. lol. Ya, smiley buttons would be nice, since I cant figure half them out. I try to get people to show me like:
:_) = a _ representing nothing, just to divide the smiley so you can see the parts. I really want to know that damn tounge sticking out smiley. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I think Guys gonna have lots of explaining to do when RGT forms are up, and there will be a lot of topics with YAY!!! as the heading.

Oh man, I am actually making a long post here. NEEEEEEEEEED RGT OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Hey, I actually am working on my game! SWEET!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:22
hehee we all know the buttons
i think the point to the Apollo board is so that at the end of the day Rich can sit back and know that he's done a good job on his own, if anyone remembers the last time this board was actually up - it was overloaded within a day due to demand and ran almost unusably slow even for the high speed broadbanders.

no doubt Rich is rebuilding from the ground up and learning from the last forum, whilst trying to make the whole site intergrated from the appearance. That is no doubt for the db-mail system, which is secretly intreging me

Still kinks, but its a cool forum - i'm sure we won't mind greatly if those RGTer's who dislike it so much decide to leave

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:24
*quiet drumming of fingers....

I don't have a sig, live with it.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:26
-i'm sure we won't mind greatly if those RGTer's who dislike it so much decide to leave

Who...'WE'?!?

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:28
actually, vegeta (you posted while i was writing) thats something i've never been able to understand (not making a stab here, you just reminded me). I know rich was building this forum himself, just for DBS. But why'd he put it in a folder called apollo? why not "forums" surely that'd look better?

Manic

I don't have a sig, live with it.
Jmansr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:35
I don't like having to sign in everytime I come here.

Blue Blood FX
Check it out, RIGHT NOW!
http://64.239.107.66/bluebloodsoft/
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:42
he named it Apollo ... don't ask me why i haven't a clue
i guess he liked the name, i mean i have my beta forums in a folder called Ciggies - i can't remember now why but it probably made sense at the time

Dynamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 01:44
It looks like I'll have to handle this...

Move along people, Jedi business.

A cloud! I found out he's a cloud!
Dynamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 01:46
Sorry, folks, to see my pic, you'll have to copy and paste this:

http://www.geocities.com/hatamoto/scott_blue.jpg

A cloud! I found out he's a cloud!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 06:37
really raven... i wasnt in your lil name list... im on all the time... =D give me your msn name... i wanna chat...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 15:46
OK, has anyone heared from Guy???

I would also like to point out that Rich has disappeared and been hired properly.

This means new site/changes?

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:09
If that means the end of Little Green Desktop I'll be most unhappy with DBS.

Van-B
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:38
O_O no not that van... noooo

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 18:53
What's Little Green Desktop, Van?

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 21:05
what david meant was O_O no not that van... noooo

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:29:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:29:34