Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / computers messed! plz help! (again)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2003 04:21
grrrrrrrrrr! remember my earlier post? some people might....
but anyway, my sound wasnt working, i reseated the sound card (like dell said) but it didnt work, i re-installed all the drivers and everything i think..... and it didnt work, so i asked dell again, and they said re-install windows... i did.... (fun fun ) but then.. my normal drivers werent installed, and i dont really know how either... i looked in the resource CD and found SBTVoodoo sdfx ect. but didnt see a install file... so i'm stuck with default graphics, and i'm pretty sure i dont have any sound card drviers either... (i'm on my dad's laptop) since i dont have any internet, and i cant install it becuase i need a better graphics thing to install my internet, so i cant really download anything, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! any suggestions?

You did what? For who?! For how many jellybeans?!?

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2003 06:03
http://www.3dfx.com/ has Voodoo 3dfx card drivers. Download & install from there.

Frankly I think you should pay a reapir company to repair your PC properly... I don't mean to be rude but it seems like you're just messing it up further . Nothing permenant tho-- the proper software should fix everything... Best Buy does cheap & professional repair, just walk in & tell them your problems & they'll give you an estimate .

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2003 16:33
lol You think your competer's messed?

I mucked up win 98. However I only have the upgrade from win 95.

I only have the win 3.1 -> win 95 upgrade CD

I only have the MS DOS -> Win 3.1 upgrade

Looks like I'm on for a lot of upgrading

"The trouble with the French is that they have no word for 'entreprenuer'" - Pres. George W Bush
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2003 16:48
the win 98 Upgrade disk is a full install if you can get a hold of a full install of a prior os

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 17:52:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 17:52:47