Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Abandoned Sonic RTS project's models for sale

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 11:30 Edited at: 24th Nov 2011 11:33
I uploaded them to 3dExport, i kinda lost faith i'm ever going to finish this one, so here are the models were made so far. I believe it is worth a look at least, tell me what you think!

http://www.3dexport.com/3dmodel-sonic-the-hedgehog-rts-units-collection-42644.htm

Outside of that selling website, it is 60 bucks!
Also the models are available separately for $5 each, just for TGC forum users!

LOOK FOR AN ARTIST?
Also, i'm here for you if you would like quality models for your games, you can expect something like those RTS units. I'm not free, but not pro-price-ranged either, so don't be shy!

I LOOK FOR ARTISTS TOO...
And i also look for people, not actively, but for the not so distant future as an aid in modelling, please if you feel you are AT LEAST this talented, drop a line here so i know you are out there. I may contact you when i have the budget. You just may be the part of an awesome shooter with some serious DBPro bending madness.

MODS: PLEASE! Don't lock this, it is clearly not some spam or effortless copy&paste, please don't be so rigid with your rules.

-In.Dev.X: A unique heavy story based shoot'em ~35%
-CoreFleet: An underground commander unit based RTS ~15%
-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 12:31 Edited at: 28th Nov 2011 12:21
I never understood how people sold copyrighted material... anyhoo Quel buddy how are you... so sorry to hear about it... but yeah an RTS is quite literally the toughest thing to make... more so than an RPG...

There is no such thing as failing at anything... you gave it a shot... at least... By that I mean you at least started something and learnt from it... therefore I say you did not fail... you got wiser if you follow what I mean.

Ps... EDIT...
Will keep you in mind... I need a model artist soon... have you got a gallery website portfolio?

Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Embarrassing as it is, these are the only stuff i can show outside from my shooter project's material, which i want to reveal on this forum as well, but only when i get the level editor working for my shooter and it will actually look like a game.

Multiple HDD crashes killed 10 years of hard work of dozens of projects. You are nice you felt i needed some verbal hugs but the rts project has been kinda dead for quite a while, it wasn't a shock to finally realize it. But i accept those words for the malfunctioning equipment destroying everything i created in my modeling artist life.

Though, i almost forgot, there is one more thingy! I couldn't upload it since it is my own vision and not closely Sonic related so it didn't fit the collection. It would have been the outpost model which you could capture and by that gain territory. Like in Herzog Zwei for the Mega Drive if you may know that one.

Here: outpost

At least something that shows i can texture as well.

-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 14:57
Quote: "MODS: PLEASE! Don't lock this, it is clearly not some spam or effortless copy&paste, please don't be so rigid with your rules."

they probably will, well i dont know about how the rules work, but if you are to advertise outside of this site (to another site) then you need to get permission form Rick..

in any other rate: It looks pretty nice, however iam not sure if iam too keen on buying your models for 100$, considering theyre all untextured AND unanimated, so theyre basicly just meshes right?

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
You sounded theoretical there, but if you really wanted, you could have them for 60 since you are a TGC forum user. Like it was told in the first comment. And yes they are "just" meshes, like it isn't the hardest step... didn't texture them since the project started to slow down and i don't have time to texture stuff that is never gonna be used.

I don't see what's the difference from the 'music&sound' category on this forum? As far as i know there everybody has their job requests and talents offered for money, why exactly is it so strict here with 3d stuff?

How do someone 'get permission from Rick' ?

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 18:34
Quote: "How do someone 'get permission from Rick' ?"

try sending him an email asking him if its ok

cheers henry

Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
This community is full of surprising brand new ways...

...okay, to put it this way: Who is Rick? Where is Rick, and what is Rick's email address?

Rick...

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 20:16
Quote: "okay, to put it this way: Who is Rick? Where is Rick, and what is Rick's email address?"

richard vanner TGCs Commercial Director gos by the name rickv

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_profile&i=4765b52ab4c889625b68fef3e44c1b1e

cheers henry

Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, done, stick to the point from now on as long as it is allowed. Let it be a minute more, or as long as TGC is up and running.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 11:28
I'm happy for you to Advertise here, because:

1. You are an active member of the community, so you aren't just here to advertise.
2. Its just a one off thing. If you started to regularly advertise material, I would have to lock this.

So for now, you are free to do as you please!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:48:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:48:14