Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / WIP: A city without wind

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 02:17 Edited at: 25th Nov 2011 02:20
After 6 days of art and code I finally have a first playable version of the battle system for my fist mobile RPG: A city without wind.

The system is similar to Final Fantasy and similar games but works a bit different. It is very touch friendly. The game works great on my Samsung Galaxy S2. With one little problem, there is one case where you cannot really see what you are targeting. This will be sorted out in my next version.

In this demo you have 4 basic actions: Jabs, Punch, Rush and Block. You may access the character screen and increase your levels but it is beatable without doing so. Check the included (and short) instructions file for more info.

Let me know what you think and if you find any bugs or things I could improve. This is just a little preview of what to come.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 02:18
And a screenshot

Attachments

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2011 21:29
You would probably get more input with other placeholder graphics.

But keep us posted on the progress.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 10:37
Thanks Cliff. I just suck doing character artwork, and I don't really have the time for that right now.

I'm focusing on the other aspects of the game now. Saving and loading, world map and cutscenes.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2011 15:55 Edited at: 4th Dec 2011 15:57
Here's a shot of my main menu. I can create, name and load basic save files now. Sadly the keyboard on my Android phone only shows up in portrait mode but it works fine otherwise. Not much but I've been really sick this week.

If you look at my new avatar you get a sneak peak of the first cut scene from the game. I'll be working on those next.

Attachments

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2011 22:27 Edited at: 7th Dec 2011 22:29
Today I got the cutscene code working. It's completely self contained so I can run it on top of anything. It is quite simple, reading basic script from a text file. I can load, position and move images. Then it writes text that fades in and out on top. At this point it suits my needs, if I need more functionality I can add that later. It's more a proof of concept at the moment.

What you see in this shot is a composition of 3 images: A background, a cape with a tree moving slowly to the right, and a white haze around the edges on top. Text fade in and out at different positions. This is the short intro to the game before you get into the action.

Next up I have to create an editor for the mapscreen. I bought Sketchbook Mobile on yesterday's sale and a capacitive stylus today. I thought I should give character artwork a go on my Android phone.

Artwork is my own attempt and not final.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:20:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:20:18