Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Menu in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2003 18:18
Does anyone know how to make a menu in DarkBASIC Pro? When I say menu, I mean one where you can select a number of options with the mouse, like New Game, Options and such. It completely eludes me how you can make this!
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2003 23:20
you can just position some sprites on the screen to make buttons and position them next to the text, then make the pointer a sprite and if you have hit (for example) sprite 5 and the mouse button is down then someone has clicked on sprite 5 and you change the option or value.
or you can make the buttons out of three-d objects and use a 3d pointer to select them, either with or without a backdrop (use floating text extruded in a modeler)
or use the draw and paste commands to build your screen and then check for the pointer being in selectable regions and the button being clicked
or show a screen made in a graphics editor like paint and overlay the clickable areas with hidden boxes etc, and then check for a click and collision.
or write a subroutine to print text and create a box the correct size at the same time and hide it.
loads of options, hope they give you some idea, cheers.

Mentor.
Surreal Studio IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2003 15:59
there is a dll that you can download which makes a menu like the one you get in windows programs (ie file, edit, view, et, though you can change them) i think one of the people who works for the TGC makes it, but i cant remember who.

Flick that switch...*BANG*...Not that one!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2003 01:21
If your thinking of the BLUE IDE plugin, it doesnt 'make' you a menu, it rather gives you a bunch of commands to help make stuff like that for your game. Check out the program announcements section for the BLUE Plugin for more info.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny WEBSITE SOON!
"Thats not a bug! Its a feature!" - _ESC
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2003 04:42
Here is some code that uses metors idea of using sprites for menu items and positioning a 1x1 sprite at the mouse position.

see code button.
Philip 1337
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2003 12:22
Rob K has a free menu plugin on his site for "file", "help" etc
its called "tpc_menus_1.4.zip" or something like that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:37:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:37:56