Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have made a level in 3ds max 5 now im wanting to walk around it as one of my models. is that possible. also i would like to be able to enter certain building,caves,cars ect ect is there a code for this?finally. Say i entered a buiding from outside would that building insides be a whole new level. Thanks sorry about all the questions. just trying to learn.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2003 23:11
you don`t seem to have understood DarkBasic, you write whatever code you want to enter a building, there is no "enter building 9 to start level 2" command, you write the code to move the camera (if you are making a FPS) and you test for the camera being inside the building and then you load the objects for the level and position and start the level running with your instructions.
This is programming like they do it at ID or Seirra, you write instructions to move objects and destroy them, expecting to walk into a building and find a new level is like expecting to walk into someones house and find a new world in their hallway.
You have to code for all these events, the upside is you can make any game you can think of, not just FPS but RTS, turn based strategy, adventures (text or graphics), puzzles, classic games, simulations, car games, space combat or anything else you can think of, you just have to learn to give the computer the correct instructions so it knows what to do with your level etc, read the manual or the help files and experiment with altering things, at the worst it just wont run, but you start to see why it doesn`t and what the instructions do.
all the DB instructions are almost in english, so

MAKE OBJECT SPHERE 1,10

makes a sphere with the ID number 1 that is ten across, while

MOVE OBJECT 1,1.2

moves the sphere with ID# 1 the distance 1.2 forwards and

TURN OBJECT LEFT 1,5

turns the object with ID# 1 left 5 degrees, it all becomes very intuitive after a little while, try looking up some of the site tutorials, you will soon get the hang of it, cheers.

Mentor.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:27:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:27:22