Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC X10 to Unity Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am running tests to develop a workflow from FPSC X10 to Unity. I can successfully bring a level map into Unity but it involves quite a bit of work so I wondered how other people have done this.

The main problem is importing the universe.dbo file into Ultimate Unwrap and fragMotion. With fragMotion everything seems to import ok (textures, materials, etc.) but there are no faces. The vertices are there but no faces. With Ultimate Unwrap the geometry imports fine (vertices, faces, UV's) but it thinks there are 0 materials so no textures are imported. So I have to create a new material for each texture in Ultimate Unwrap, determine what texture goes with each group from the DBO Chunk Viewer supplied with the Ultimate Unwrap DBO Plugin, and assign them. Then I export to FBX, import this in Unity and it looks great.

My test map is just 2 small control rooms put together. This universe.dbo file has 13 textures and 42 groups. My process is very tedious and error prone even for my small test case. If a had a full level, it would be far to labor intensive. I have seen other posts where people are doing this without too much effort. So how are you successfully imorting the universe.dbo file with everything (geometry, materials, textures, etc.) correct in order to do the FBX export for import into Unity.

Thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:28:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:28:48