Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Alernative Map Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 17:26 Edited at: 9th Jul 2019 07:56
Hey all,

I used to make multiplayer maps and models for Half-life 1. The map editor for Half Life was called Hammer Editor. If I was making a map and I had to create a column I would simply create a "solid" pillar with in the map editor and apply the textures with in Hammer.

I don't know if I am doing this the right way on FPSC. But on FPSC do I have to create create a model of a pillar and then texture it and do UV maps. Then create an entity of that model in order to get it into FPSC. It's a bit of a work around. Is there no way of creating simple scrutures in FPSC without making each structure an entity.

Could I create an entire map built in Blender and then make that an entity. Then place the lighting in the correct places in FPSC?

Not sure where to start...?

Thanks,
Landman
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 19:06
Quote: "Is there no way of creating simple scrutures in FPSC without making each structure an entity."

I'm afraid not.

Quote: "Could I create an entire map built in Blender and then make that an entity. Then place the lighting in the correct places in FPSC?"

Yes! Check this thread.

FPSC is really a drag and drop editor, and so the ability to create things inside the editor itself is non existant. Bad Grammar, sorry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 06:09:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 06:09:29