Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / T2 IOS Assets/multiple .cpps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Where do I put the assets and my other cpps for my game when doing IOS? Is it similar to android?
Thank you?
JavierTF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 04:54
Hello

I place the . cpp files at the root of the project. (In the templates, where template.cpp is placed).

The resources are placed in 'Other sources'. There, open folders for each resource type (sprites, backgrouds, etc..) In the route to load resources you only need to specify "sprites/xxxxx.xxx" or "backgrounds/xxxxx.xxx"

Ensure that you specify the file type to Xcode in the project because even you write the file suffix it must be specified again in the Utilities panel.

you must also specify to Xcode the relationship of each file in relation to the project (relative, etc.) also in the Utilities panel

I think that was the question.

regards
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
I having trouble with my assests. I dont see the "other sources" folder in the finder only in xcode. Also what does the relation to the project mean, which one should I choose.
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
nm I figured it out
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 17:45
Images and sounds should be added in the 'Resources' directory for the Xcode property.

Right click on that and select the 'Add files to "<your project>"' to pick the files from wherever they are.

Make sure to keep this up to date as you add new media. Building and running an app without all the media causes it to fail, and it usually won't tell you why.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:32:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:32:15